Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your trail cam pictures!!

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

DS

Do you put the cover scents out on the poles to get the deer used to those smells? I haven't figured out why you have pictures of this if not.
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MLN1963 View Post
    DS

Do you put the cover scents out on the poles to get the deer used to those smells? I haven't figured out why you have pictures of this if not.
    The TrophyBlend deer scent is taped to the top of the fiberglass pole. The pic above is doe scent. I like to mix it up and see which one they like most. I usually use Mule deer herd blend, it's my favorite. I also have food attractants but I don't use those while hunting. When It's time to hunt I go to "Sage" Scent. TBS Cover scents are great. I also use the Doe and herd blend scents and rub the scent on the stick, trail camera, branches. I also rub it on my boots and make my own scent trails. I guess I should have explained it in each picture, Sorry. The bucks sniffing the dropped branch has TBS Herd blend scent all over it. I also rubbed the scent stick all over the outside of my pant legs and under my arms and crotch, ( Hot spots). I had a Muley almost step on me while I was hiding behind a bush two years ago. He scared me, I scared him. I didn't see him come around the bush. lol. Good stuff. Sorry for sounding like a advertisement.

Post Thanks / Like

would one worry about training them? i suppose those aren't the same deer your hunting
    2011 Firecat 400, sword twilight hunter, apa twister, lots of arrows

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boobowbender View Post
    would one worry about training them? i suppose those aren't the same deer your hunting
    Some of the bigger ones like the 4 pointer I will be hunting. I only use the Food attractant in my back yard and I do not use food attractants where I hunt. What I'm mainly looking for in the trail cam besides the size of the antlers and bodies is which side they are coming in from. Straight in to the cam means they are coming from the south coming down around the mountain. If they come in from the left side of the cam, I know they are coming from the hillside to the east where they bed. If they come from the right side of the screen, then I know they came from the river. Late evening they are coming down to feed and water up. Early mornings, they are heading back up to bedding before it gets too hot. I'll be half way up the mountain to ambush one on Public land. I moved my cam half way up the mountain a couple days ago. No food Attractants per state regs. I use the Mule Deer herd blend to cover my human odor. The herd blend calms the deer. I have tons of pics where they actually bed down in front of the camera or start nursing. Once my hunt starts on September 1, I will be using a Combo of the Sage Scent and Mule deer herd blend. I finally glassed a 6 point Muley with eye guards two days ago. I've never had him on cam. I know that there's about two other bachelor herds that I haven't gotten on Camera. It doesn't seem to spook the deer or train them. One year though, I used the Doe Estrus early the first week of September and I would have bucks come in about 90-100 yards curl their lips and just bust out. So I know not to use the Estrus scent stick, unless i see rutting activity. I will be hunting both on Private property alfalfa field that borders public land. We'll see if the trail cam pictures pay off. I'll be hiking up tomorrow to see if there's anything moving on another trail from the public grounds. I usually take my cam down before the season starts because of possible trail cam thieves.
    Last edited by Double S; 08-26-2011 at 01:17 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    2011 Firecat 400
    2013 PSE Drive
    2012 PSE Brute X

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Double S View Post
    I usually take my cam down before the season starts because of possible trail cam thieves.
    Do they get stolen often?

SL, like that 'action' shot of the cub.

Post Thanks / Like

I wish I could see its head. SUNP0002.jpg
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

yea thats the only thing i don't like about my wildgame innovation, no burst mode. with my other camera(stealth archers choice) i can take up to nine burst (about three seconds apart) , but that eats up memory space and batteries. i set that one at three shot burst and i can get some different views. worth the extra 40 bucks in my opinion.
    2011 Firecat 400, sword twilight hunter, apa twister, lots of arrows