Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Bow - New Archer - Adjusting Draw Length

Post Thanks / Like

You could move your draw stop, although by doing this you will have less let-off.
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

i run with a 28.5 dl,i use the number 4 mod but i did have to adjust my draw stop to me.i do have a bit less let off but i can still hold at full draw for days

Post Thanks / Like

what most fail to realize, that a little a bend in the arm is OK. Shoot with the shorter draw length, bend your bow arm a bit.
    have fun shooting! I know if I had extra cash at the time, there would be an exile sitting in my stable...thank god i dont carry much cash anymore.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by McNubblet View Post
    Would it be a bad idea to put the 28" module on and lengthen the strap on my release aid substantially to compensate or would that mess with my anchor too much?
    Would be better to make a longer d-loop than altering the release aid.

Quote Originally Posted by gravediggermtv View Post
    i run with a 28.5 dl,i use the number 4 mod but i did have to adjust my draw stop to me.i do have a bit less let off but i can still hold at full draw for days
    You could go to a number 3 mod and lengthen using the draw stop too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake-the-snake View Post
    what most fail to realize, that a little a bend in the arm is OK.
    Yep, some people shoot fine that way.

Post Thanks / Like

What if he just simply twisted up the string some? Start out with a 29"dl and try to twist it to shorten up his draw. My dad did that for me on a bow that was a half inch longer than my draw. I dont know what the ratio is on twists to inches. Would that work, or would that be to many twists?

Brian

Martin Magnum Cougar III

Arrow Shooting, Deer Destroyer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MartinMan View Post
    What if he just simply twisted up the string some? Start out with a 29"dl and try to twist it to shorten up his draw. My dad did that for me on a bow that was a half inch longer than my draw. I dont know what the ratio is on twists to inches. Would that work, or would that be to many twists?

Brian
    You could reach some sort of compromise with this idea. Add some twists to the string, maybe 10. Then take some twists out of the cable, maybe 5. This should reduce the draw a little. Then shorten up a little using the draw stop. The only real downside to this twisting is that the draw weight will drop several pounds, but as I wlways say, poundage is just a number. Speed, power, kinetic energy can be compromised some but never draw length.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin/Rytera Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    never draw length.
    That's correct, its a vital thing to get right. So many archers will mess it up to gain a little speed.

Post Thanks / Like

I just bought this Bow for my son. Martin carries modules that need to be swapped out to adjust the draw length. Martin Part #3056 This is for single Cam. Its that black piece held on with 2 screws. You'll need a rack to swap them out. Good Luck

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Olefashn View Post
    I just bought this Bow for my son. Martin carries modules that need to be swapped out to adjust the draw length. Martin Part #3056 This is for single Cam. Its that black piece held on with 2 screws. You'll need a rack to swap them out. Good Luck
    Do you mean a bow press? If so, not needed. One screw is easy to get to, but the other is usually behind the limb fork. To get an allen wrench to that screw, put a zip tie around the string and cable, pull tight enough to rotate the screw into a position where you can reach it.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://cascadianbowmen.com/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade