Thread: Fuzion Cam Question

Post Thanks / Like

Question Fuzion Cam Question

I have a Martin Panther with a Fuzion cam and was wondering if the string is strung right on the cam for a 28.5 in draw. Should the string go around the #2 peg and then on the #3 or just directly to the #3? The cam is an F4 I believe, although I can't seem to locate the letter/number on the cam, where is that?
    Attached Images Attached Images

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum! The string needs to go directly to the peg you are using. The pegs are for 1/2" increments. The black module should have a number on it reading f -4 or what ever it is. If you can't read it it is on the opposite side. Unscrew the module and check it out.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Just checked the technical charts on Martin's website---2002. Here's the deal. For a 28" draw the string should be on the #2 post with an 6x module installed. To make it 28 1/2" you'd move the string to the #1 post. You can also do it another way. If the module is an 8x then move the string to the number 3 post.

Either way will give you the same draw length. A physical measurement is recommended once you get done as it is also dependent on string and cable lengths.

The #2 post is for even measurements such as 28", 29" and so forth with their respective modules installed. The #1 post is for increasing the draw by 1/2" and the #3 post for making it shorter. The string should go directly to the post you desire, but in some cases you can wrap it over the other posts to customize the draw, like 1/4" less. Not recommended, but I've done it with no ill effects.
    Last edited by bfisher; 08-24-2011 at 08:52 AM.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the quick replies. Now if I unwrap the string around the #2 and go directly to the #3 will I need to adjust my peep or should it line up the same?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stymie View Post
    Thanks for the quick replies. Now if I unwrap the string around the #2 and go directly to the #3 will I need to adjust my peep or should it line up the same?
    You'll have to move more than the peep. You have to move the nocking point (loop) and peep. Also the ksser button if you use one.

There's an easy way to tell how much things have to be moved. It's something I do on every bow. Once set up and tuned I take measurements of their location on the string for future reference. Use a tape and measure from the top axle down to the nocking point (loop), kisser, and peep. Write the numbers down. Once you tkae the string from behind the #2 peg measure them again and move them back to where they were.

This might not be where they end up for a perfect tune, but they should be very very close.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, I'll do that...Thanks for the info.