Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alien X,Nemesis

Hybrid View

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Alien X,Nemesis

do you guys know if the grips are the same on the two. ive got a chance at an Alien X,but no way to shoot iy. However,i have shot and still can shoot the 2010 Nemesis at any time. i remember i liked the Nemesis. so im pretty sure the AX will be right up my alley w a 31.5" Ata and hybrix cams. it'll save the hassle of converting the Cheetah to a dual cam...unless i change the Cheetah to the limbs/cams from the Mace
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

Default the bow in question

Attachment 4090Attachment 4091
    any idea what year it is? waiting to hear back. also,is there supposed to be just one draw stop or two?
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

one draw stop.... dont think there is much of a differance at all between 09 to 11 alien x's and if i remember correctly the nemisis and ax have the same style grip but feel very differant on the shot, and the ax will feel alot differnt than your cheetah....... my ax drove me up the wall because i was used to my cheetah, and now i love it. if you can go shoot an ax i guess. mostly positive feedback on them i think. and havent heard of a blown limb yet on one.
    2010 rytera x. apache rest, truglo 5pin. 8in shockbocker 1000 stabilizer. norway g2 string tamer Huch-n-Son strings
    2010 rytera z apache carbon rest axt primal x5 sight

Post Thanks / Like

i can get used to the feel of the shot. IMO,the grip is the most important. it MUST be comfy and fairly thin. i like the thermal grip on my Chetah,but the thin grip like the Hoyt,Athens,HCA Iron Mace feel the best to me. i like a thin and narrow grip. nothing bulky,like Matthews wood grips. i hate those things.

I'm not worried about the limbs,either. they're Barnesdale limbs,just like the Iron Mace. they seem to be a quieter limb,also IMO.

Post Thanks / Like

well the grip is just the metal of the riser with wood plates in the grip panel. a 2010 thermal grip feels bulky by comparison. i belieive it is wider than the new 2011 saddleback though.
    2010 rytera x. apache rest, truglo 5pin. 8in shockbocker 1000 stabilizer. norway g2 string tamer Huch-n-Son strings
    2010 rytera z apache carbon rest axt primal x5 sight

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HawgEnvy View Post
    do you guys know if the grips are the same on the two
    Alien Nemesis has the saddleback grip while the X has the same as the Z.

Post Thanks / Like

what would be the reasoning to converting the Cheetah to a dual cam? There is a shop near me that has an AX in the store that I want to get over to shoot. Would like to see a Nem also. Might travel up to Cabela's this way to get a look/shoot the Onza also.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by droppixel View Post
    what would be the reasoning to converting the Cheetah to a dual cam? There is a shop near me that has an AX in the store that I want to get over to shoot. Would like to see a Nem also. Might travel up to Cabela's this way to get a look/shoot the Onza also.
    ive been toying with converting the Cheetah for awhile now. no real reason,really. i just really like the feel of the Cheetah and the short ata,and just think it would be fun and unique to have it dual cam. if done right,it could be a real shooter. it almost had a set of Nitrous C cams on it,but Brian(MartinMan) came along. ive been watching for a set of #9 EV2X cams from an Athens Ibex,also. It has the same ata and BH as the Cheetah and has an IBO 330+.

But,if I can find a short ata dual cam with a smooth draw,quiet,and decent speed,It would be easier to go that route.

Post Thanks / Like

Keep us posted on the conversion. I'd be curious to see how that shakes out.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HawgEnvy View Post
    But,if I can find a short ata dual cam with a smooth draw,quiet,and decent speed,It would be easier to go that route.
    Easier and safer, better all round. Less interesting for us though.