Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help with my Martin Onza 3

Post Thanks / Like

Default Help with my Martin Onza 3

I am a first time bow hunter and a first time martin owner. I got the martin onza 3 and am in the final stages of tuning the bow. However, after my last shooting session, I noticed that the string oscillating suppressor seems to be getting eaten up, and is nearly broken completely off on one side, and the string is showing rather noticeable signs of wear where it comes in contact with the torque reducing guard. My bow is set at 71lbs with a maxed out draw length.

IMG_0405.jpg

IMG_4599.jpg

If there is any advice as to what is causing these problems I would be glad to hear it! Thanks!
    Last edited by foxman333; 08-26-2011 at 03:15 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Good old TRG issue. Welcome to the forum!

Post Thanks / Like

Foxman; Check the other threads dealing with TRG/SOS problems and one I started on Martin ditchs TRG/SOS. My advice is to return the bow, it will cost you a considerable amount of money to fix. Esp. if you cannot do your own work.

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum, Most of the guys have been calling Martin customer service. Martin Cs has been replacing the TRG, SOS and the string set. They change the trg with a rod and cable. This will be the best way to go. Most of the guys have had great success this way.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks dude! I love the bow so far, and this has been the first issue. Its minor as far as I'm concerned. Any tips on if just a simple adjustment would work, like moving it to the lower mounting point on the riser?

Post Thanks / Like

So far, I have been able to get the bow completely set up by myself. I'm capable of doing the work.

Post Thanks / Like

You can move it to the Moon and it will not help. If you want to keep the bow and can do the work yourself get the replacement carbon rod and guide, new control cables, and either Martins STS or better yet a Limbsaver that mounts into your stabilizer pocket. Call Martin and explain or send them the pictures. They should replace these free of charge. The only thing you may not be able to do is press your bow to change out the control cables. Most shops around here charge $40 to press your bow and change cables. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the help!

Post Thanks / Like

Ok now you got me going. If Martin would put a total recall on this, and they should as it could become a real safety issue for a novice archer if the control cables come apart, they might get their standing back in the archery community. As it stands it has the potential to see Martin go down in litigation and be no more due to producing an unsafe product. I would advise you not to shoot your bow anymore until you get it fixed.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you! This has been a very big help! I am capable of doing the fix, and I will be sure to post the pics of it when I am all done!