Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: martin "Rack Attack" Bow (Exile??) TRG strung wrong???

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default martin "Rack Attack" Bow (Exile??) TRG strung wrong???

First let me gripe about the grade school pamphlet that accompanied my new bow. The information is cursory at best, and the diagrams are worse. No weapon should be sold with such a dearth of information.
    It DID however come with a one page insert about improper adjustment of the TRG. It has 2 really crappy photos that make it seem that the "expert" at Dicks Sporting goods actually strung the TRG incorrectly when he changed my draw length.
    Can someone explain, or point me to an illustration that shows the TRG and how it should be strung?
    There is a split string that attaches to the upper limb. The other is the "top half" of the shooting string. Which string is on the "outside" of the TRG? Where do the strings cross? Above or below the TRG?
    HELP!

Post Thanks / Like

Default and another thing-

The two illustrations in the "manual" actually contradict each other as to the position of the shooting string and split string.
    Looking at the side of the bow, on the TRG side, the split string should be on the outer bracket of the TRG. It crosses the shooting string below the TRG and the split string is OUTSIDE of the shooting string.
    My bow is the opposite and the strings touch below the TRG and each string twists when I draw the bow back.
    AM I RIGHT?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Yes 19 pages. Not even 2 pages about my bow.

He was changing the "draw length module" and got the split string on the wrong side of the shooting string. They cannot ride in the TRG this way. The strings touch below the TRG.
    I need confirmation of the setup because the photos of the TRG (amateur btw) and the drawing of the "single cam string diagram" (mismarked btw) show 2 different things.

Post Thanks / Like

I asked this question before too. Here you go.

http://martinarchery.com/mtechforum/...-Cable-Routing
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

Default thanks!

I'm trying to judge from some of the online videos but its hard.

Post Thanks / Like

The downward moving cable should be on the outboard side of the TRG and the upward moving cable inside the TRG. As you draw the bow you will see which goes what direction. The bottom line is if the cable rubs against itself you have it backwards.
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

Default photos?

mln- were there pics with that post? i didnt/couldnt see them.

Post Thanks / Like

Nope the description should get you through it.
    Firecat 400

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I understand gashousegorilla's being upset. And we need to watch what we say on here. Not everyone understands what some of us know. Also we need to watch what we imply. Keep it clean guys. And lets help this guy out. He is upset because he buys a new toy and can't use it. If any one can post some pics for him to see the string route so he can get to shoot that bow please help out.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonnyThomas View Post
    Well, chalk up some of your problem to the idiot changing the draw length. Strings don't have to come off or even be moved for that matter to move or change the draw mod. Again, I'll take pics tomorrow....
    I had to press my son's Pantera to change out the module. I couldn't get one of the screws out if I didn't press it. I even called the local dealer and he said press it.
    Firecat 400