Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: martin "Rack Attack" Bow (Exile??) TRG strung wrong???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonnyThomas View Post
    Well, chalk up some of your problem to the idiot changing the draw length. Strings don't have to come off or even be moved for that matter to move or change the draw mod. Again, I'll take pics tomorrow....
    I had to press my son's Pantera to change out the module. I couldn't get one of the screws out if I didn't press it. I even called the local dealer and he said press it.
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey- No apologies. Its brand new and I can't shoot it.

I'm going back to DICKS and have them switch it back. If the string is correct- which I am certain it is not, something else is wrong. As it is now, the string leaves the top cam at a 40 degree angle towards the outside- that can't be right.
    And guys- dont assume that because I just bought a new bow that I'm new to hunting.
    Like I said I haven't shot it, but this is way too much trouble. Seems they created a contraption just to have something new.
    I was appalled by the crappy pamphlet I got with this bow. THATS MARTINS FAULT. This bow is made in the USA but that manual was made in Hong Kong. There should be detailed drawings and pics as well as an illustrated parts breakdown. Any intern with a PC could do better than what I got with this bow. Though the front cover DID have a pretty pic of a smiling broad on it.
    Having one pamphlet for ALL their bows is just chintzy.
    Yeah, I'm calling Martin next.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gashousegorilla View Post
    I'm going back to DICKS and have them switch it back. If the string is correct- which I am certain it is not, something else is wrong. As it is now, the string leaves the top cam at a 40 degree angle towards the outside- that can't be right.
    And guys- dont assume that because I just bought a new bow that I'm new to hunting.
    Like I said I haven't shot it, but this is way too much trouble. Seems they created a contraption just to have something new.
    I was appalled by the crappy pamphlet I got with this bow. THATS MARTINS FAULT. This bow is made in the USA but that manual was made in Hong Kong. There should be detailed drawings and pics as well as an illustrated parts breakdown. Any intern with a PC could do better than what I got with this bow. Though the front cover DID have a pretty pic of a smiling broad on it.
    I believe you mean "woman" or "lady"...sorry thats just rude...I think you need to post pictures so we know what you're talking about. This is getting to the point where it is starting to make no sense to me.

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gashousegorilla View Post
    I understand your frustration. Buying a bow and not being able to shoot it. Now I have been able to figure out a lot of problems for people. With their help. If you want our help we can if you would post some pics. These bows are simple mechanics. I have and others have been doing them for years. Martin will take care of you if you treat them the way you want to be treated. I believe it is a simple problem to fix and you could do it yourself. So I would say its up to you. Posts pics we will walk you through it if you want.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default Okay Deep Breath

First, I had no idea people were so sensitive. My apologies. The point I was trying to make at the time was- The pic of the pretty lady probably cost MARTIN more than the rest of the pamphlet. I haven't seen anyone deny that manual is bringing up the rear- hardly to be expected from the makers of "the fastest and most accurate bows in the world".

Next Hawg- what do you mean "you don't need a press for these bows"???
    And for those understandably lost-
    My problem is, does the string cross the cable on the outside or the inside? This is below the trg.
    I've emailed Martin, no customer service till monday, and I'm not going back to Dicks till I know exactly what Im talking about.
    So now I can cuddle for 3 days with my brand new bow, but thats it.

Post Thanks / Like

OK, I've had enough of this crap. This thread started out badly and has just gotten worse, although a couple guys have tried to calm it down. The Op has done nothing but complain about every aspect of his bow, the manual, the BROAD (Laura Francese) who is a pro shooter for Martin. Seems like verybody is getting upset, including me.

You guys know me. I'm not a hard ***, but it's time to give somebody a timeout (stupid word) and let things cool down.

I would suggest that the OP take his bow back to Dick's and let them straighten it out or call customer service for help. We have tried, but he appears to have tunnel ears and doesn't want to look at things with an open mind. Maybe he'll come back with an attitude of an adult. So for now................

Admin
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver