Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: martin "Rack Attack" Bow (Exile??) TRG strung wrong???

Post Thanks / Like

Default DUDE! If you have the same bow, how is the TRG strung????

So far from the tips here in the forum It seems the downward moving string is on the outside of the TRG. The strings cross below the TRG.
    What I need to know is- Does the downward moving string (aka the split string) cross the upward moving string (aka the shooting string) on the outside or the inside??? I believe it crosses on the OUTSIDE.
    Is this correct?
    HELP!! I wanna shoot my damn bow!!!!!

String builder/ Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum, Seems that after I checked into the way they route the string and cable I find that the Martin website shows them two different ways. So I went to Cabela's site and if you zoom it on the pic it shows the cable on the inside and the string on the out. Here look for your self.
    http://www.cabelas.com/compound-bows...-package.shtml

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cabelas pic could be wrong too- they got it from martin Im sure.

When set up like the cabelas photo, the cable and string touch below the TRG and when I draw it back, the two strings roll and twist against each other.
    This is ridiculous. A new bow, 2011 model, and TECH SUPPORT IS NON EXISTENT. Is anyone from MARTIN on this site??? Or are we enthusiasts left to our own devices once we fork over the money??

Before I start cruising the web torching Martin and Dicks Sporting Goods, I hope someone at Martin can figure this out for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gashousegorilla View Post
    When set up like the cabelas photo, the cable and string touch below the TRG and when I draw it back, the two strings roll and twist against each other.
    This is ridiculous. A new bow, 2011 model, and TECH SUPPORT IS NON EXISTENT. Is anyone from MARTIN on this site??? Or are we enthusiasts left to our own devices once we fork over the money??

Before I start cruising the web torching Martin and Dicks Sporting Goods, I hope someone at Martin can figure this out for me.
    Ok, I can feel your frustration. But seriously man? Take a step back and take a DEEP Breath...it will be ok, I promise. If the cables are touching now, why dont you just switch them around them? Have you tried experimenting with it yet? This sport IS all about learning.
    Im not ripping on you, Im just saying, relax.

And no, Martin does not check this sight all that often. Have you called them? Their Customer Service is Second to none in the Archery Industry

Post Thanks / Like

Okay so if they touch with cable on the inside and string on the outside. Then switch them the other way. Most bows I work on the cable is on the outside and the string goes on the inside. Reason is that the string will be straighter and the cable will take up the torque. The Martin Ridge Hunter we just tuned the cable was on the out side of the Trg. We set it up and got is shooting perfect. If you call Martin Customer service they can help. We here are forum members. Not Martin employees. Did you look at any of the other Dicks sporting goods Martins I am sure they should all be Routed right from the factory. I understand Dicks messing up but Martin didn't. These forum members have Martin bows and some have exiles but they might not have read you thread.

Hutch

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gashousegorilla View Post
    So far from the tips here in the forum It seems the downward moving string is on the outside of the TRG. The strings cross below the TRG.
    What I need to know is- Does the downward moving string (aka the split string) cross the upward moving string (aka the shooting string) on the outside or the inside??? I believe it crosses on the OUTSIDE.
    Is this correct?
    HELP!! I wanna shoot my damn bow!!!!!
    Alright,Newbie,CHILL! first off,find a GOOD PRO SHOP. Dick's IS NOT a PRO SHOP! there a bunch of F'n idiots that get flopped around from cashier,to shoes,to archery to stock boy. DON'T let them touch anything. however,you can go back and look at the other bows first hand and make note of the routing then do it yourself. you dont need a press for these bows. and since the aforementioned employee didnt know how to change the modules w/o pressing the bow,and didn't know how to route the string,do you think he even knew how to press the bow properly to begin with? if it bugs you that much,and it obviously does,then take your bow to the manager and insist on swapping the bow out with another of the same model since HIS employee screwed up your bow.

then come back nice and relaxed and let us know if we can help you.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

Default That's a no-no Hawg...

Quote Originally Posted by HawgEnvy View Post
    Alright,Newbie,CHILL! first off,find a GOOD PRO SHOP. Dick's IS NOT a PRO SHOP! there a bunch of F'n idiots that get flopped around from cashier,to shoes,to archery to stock boy. DON'T let them touch anything. however,you can go back and look at the other bows first hand and make note of the routing then do it yourself. you dont need a press for these bows. and since the aforementioned employee didnt know how to change the modules w/o pressing the bow,and didn't know how to route the string,do you think he even knew how to press the bow properly to begin with? if it bugs you that much,and it obviously does,then take your bow to the manager and insist on swapping the bow out with another of the same model since HIS employee screwed up your bow.

then come back nice and relaxed and let us know if we can help you.
    I wouldnt go so far as to calling them f'n idiots. There are a lot of guys that are actually really good about bows...

Post Thanks / Like

I understand gashousegorilla's being upset. And we need to watch what we say on here. Not everyone understands what some of us know. Also we need to watch what we imply. Keep it clean guys. And lets help this guy out. He is upset because he buys a new toy and can't use it. If any one can post some pics for him to see the string route so he can get to shoot that bow please help out.

Hutch

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

your right guys. my bad. that was a little rude. my apologies to all
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

Apologies excepted. Now I have looked at many pics of the bows with the trg. Most run the cable on the outside and the string on the inside and I see no touching of the two. The cross is on the bottom and usually is.

Hutch