Thread: Measuring Brace Height on a Shadowcat

Post Thanks / Like

Default Measuring Brace Height on a Shadowcat

at what point is the brace height measured on the shadowcat? is it to the back edge of the first burger hole? is it to the back edge of the second burger hole? i put on new string and cables and i'm needing know that i'm measuring to the right points fro the right points.

Post Thanks / Like

Deepest part of the grip to the inside of the string is the proper method. This is and has been the ATA industry standard for as long as I can remember, and I remember things a long way back. Some people wrongly say to measure from the berger hole to the string, but this is not true. Not all bows have their berger holes drilled and tapped in the same position with relationship to the grip
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    Some people wrongly say to measure from the berger hole to the string, but this is not true.
    Exactly right, some are in the center of the hole while others are to one side.

Quote Originally Posted by SonnyThomas View Post
    And I believe the side of the berger hole to the string gives the same measurement.
    Correct, on my 2010 shadowcat the front of the berger hole (closest hole to the cables) lines up.