Thread: 2008 Firecat Pro X Any Feedback Appreciated

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2008 Firecat Pro X Any Feedback Appreciated

Have come across one of these and wondered I any of you guys have owned one and have + or - experiences with this particular model. Thanks for any input. It's 109 degrees here and all the deer are in someones swimming pool. &%$#*9

Post Thanks / Like

I had a new FireCat in 2008. Really nice bow with the Cat cams. Decent draw cycle and speed to match. The only problem I had with it at the time was that the original modules had a sharp edge and rubbed the cables, fraying the cables. I just took a fine toothed file and rounded off the sharp edge before the damage got bad. Experience has taught me to look for and fix these kind of things before major repairs are needed. In 2009 the modules were made with rounded edges and they sent me new ones after I contacted customer service.

Unfortunately Martin had limb problems in 2008, 2009, and part of 2010 with limbs failing. My bow was no exception and I ended up with a split upper limb at the end of 2009. Called Joel at the warranty dept. and he graciously sent me new 2010 limbs, new cams w/mods, new Roto-cups, axle assemblies, and string/cable. Essentially it's a 2010 bow on a 2008 riser. I had no issues after that. A friend of mine now has the bow and is quite pleased with it.

If you should choose to get one you may or may not have any problems with it so far as limbs go. The modules would be the first thing to look at. A simple phone call would get you new ones. If you should have any problems you can probably expect the same level of service from Joel that I recieved. There are several other guys here and have dealt with him and can attest to his efficiency.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

i think Speedykills shot a Pro X for awhile. i wish i could give feedback. i havent been able to find a dual cam Martin to shoot other than the Nemesis
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the input. I think I'll pass as I do'nt need another project bow.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bob cooly View Post
    Thanks for the input. I think I'll pass as I do'nt need another project bow.
    I had one for awhile,really nice bows and very fast. I also had one of my limbs devolope a sliver on the edge but martin replaced the limbs by waranty.Also had cat2 cams and there was very little to no serving wear.
    If you get one with updated limbs and cams i would say go for it as you cant beat cheap speed.

Side note: i sold it for $50.00 more than i paid for it so they do hold some value....