Thread: sts setting

Post Thanks / Like

Default sts setting

Have a 09 Bengal and I have a sts on it . My problem is after a few shots the rubber end on the sts will pop off. It seem like the string is not hitting it square. I have adjusted it a number of times. My real question is does the sts rest on the string or do you mount it a little short of the string. Thanks

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Many ways of doing it. My sons is a credit card away. Mine is touching it. You have to experiment. The STS should be centered. In other words the string should go down the middle of the stopper.

BTW welcome the forum.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

I took the rubber off mine and centered the rod on the string first. Once that was done I put the rubber back on and it was good to go. My string is touching the STS barely.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sharxfan View Post
    I took the rubber off mine and centered the rod on the string first. Once that was done I put the rubber back on and it was good to go. My string is touching the STS barely.
    This is how most people do it

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonnyThomas View Post
    Martin manual says a gap of 1/16".
    Yep. Up to 1/8 on my bows, the size of the gap doesn't make a big difference anyway.

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

mine are all set w no gap,just barely touching. Working great. Idk bout most,but I serve the area that contacts the sts. Some bows come factory served,but mine are all add ons
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the input guys. will try all of the above when irene leaves. thanks agian
    09 Bengal 70# tru-glo sights,sts,limb savers,cat whiskers,carbon express arrows,muzzy 4-blade.

Post Thanks / Like

Mine is barely touching too. I picked the bow, turned so the string would face down. Loosen the screws, let the sts touch my string, made sure it was lined up in the center of the groove on the rubber. Tighten the screws and that was it. Before I had a small gap and was still noisy. Now I'm happier, but I still think it could be quieter. I have no noise reduction devices on my string.

2010 Bengal

SG