Thread: I'm trying out the Carbomask face paint. I'm new to face painting.

Post Thanks / Like

Default I'm trying out the Carbomask face paint. I'm new to face painting.

I ordered the CarboMask 3.5 oz. in Brown on Wednesday and received it this morning, Saturday. I'm new to hunting with face paint. I hunt mainly during September for mule Deer and it's usually around 90 plus degree's here in Lincoln County. I always used a face mask of some sort while hunting but was tired of the ears being smashed in or the nose covered feeling like I was suffocating. I usually have to pull the face mask down in a hurry when a muley pops up in front of me which sometimes ends up in getting busted, spot and stalking. I'd rather be pulling my bow up to aim rather than having to pull a face mask down before getting the bow ready. The last face mask I bought had that fancy moisture wicking cloth but the friction from the cloth gave me a reddish rash on my face and neck. So I thought I'd give this product a try and see how it fairs out in the hot weather. I placed a little bit on the back of my hand and let it dry for about 15 minutes while running around the house just to see what it would look like. looks like it does a good job of cutting down glare. It only took two baby wipes to remove the paint off my hand. My Hunt starts September 1.
    Attached Images Attached Images

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Let us know how it works I have never used it but I have seen it. Hope is works! It really covers your ugly mug Just kidding. I believe it will cut the glare and show less movement in the face.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

LMAO!. That's what I'm hoping for...cutting down on the glare.

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch~n~Son Archery View Post
    Let us know how it works I have never used it but I have seen it. Hope is works! It really covers your ugly mug Just kidding. I believe it will cut the glare and show less movement in the face.

Hutch

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't use it anymore. It was more comfortable than a mask but not as easy. Plus you need to remember to take it off before going home, people that see you can get a bit worried.

Easy answer, grow a beard!

Post Thanks / Like

My first full day using the CarboMask face paint.

It was easy to put on. It didn't feel greasy or pasty. It was light on the face. it was hot today and the stuff didn't come off dripping from my sweat. Some did come come off from rubbing with my clothing. I followed the directions and made sure not to place it around my eyes or mouth. I have sensitive skin and it didn't bother my skin all day. it is easy to remove after the hunt. I like how it tones down glare from a sweaty skin. it was great not wearing a face mask and having my ears and nose squashed in. I don't feel suffocated like I usually feel with a cloth face mask.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Scary.

Only one color?

Post Thanks / Like

I forgot to close out this thread about the hunt. As you guys know I Killed my Muley on the 2nd day of my hunt. I was setting up in one location and killed my buck in another area. We just happened upon each other. I wasn't expecting him to come out early. I didn't have my Elk mountain blind/decoy, Camcorder, Quiver with me when i killed him. Anyways, I didn't have any mask on when I killed him. I played the wind the best I could and I used surrounding Brush to cover my movement.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Good for you

Good for you well in the future consider us and give us a try at Natural Camo
    Quote Originally Posted by Double S View Post
    I forgot to close out this thread about the hunt. As you guys know I Killed my Muley on the 2nd day of my hunt. I was setting up in one location and killed my buck in another area. We just happened upon each other. I wasn't expecting him to come out early. I didn't have my Elk mountain blind/decoy, Camcorder, Quiver with me when i killed him. Anyways, I didn't have any mask on when I killed him. I played the wind the best I could and I used surrounding Brush to cover my movement.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Double S View Post
    My first full day using the CarboMask face paint.

It was easy to put on. It didn't feel greasy or pasty. It was light on the face. it was hot today and the stuff didn't come off dripping from my sweat. Some did come come off from rubbing with my clothing. I followed the directions and made sure not to place it around my eyes or mouth. I have sensitive skin and it didn't bother my skin all day. it is easy to remove after the hunt. I like how it tones down glare from a sweaty skin. it was great not wearing a face mask and having my ears and nose squashed in. I don't feel suffocated like I usually feel with a cloth face mask.

Look like you are going to rob a 7/11!
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by droppixel View Post
    Look like you are going to rob a 7/11!
    LOL. Now that's funny!.