Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: solid colors for hunting bows

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

Default solid colors for hunting bows-PICS

well,being tired of all the camo,ive decided I want solid color bows for hunting. My Pearson and Cheetah are both black. The Iron Mace that I picked up for a project was Realtree Hardwoods green. It had alot of wear on the riser and was going to do it black also. Then I decided to do it in dark olive and leave the limbs camo. But when I went to wally world to get the paint,i forgot to take off my shades and ended up with flat brown(yuk). My wife started complaining that I don't listen to her(yapping)enough,and convinced me to listen to her for once(fine,whatever)and do a brown riser w camo limbs. I didn't like it at first,but it's growing on me. It blends amazingly well hanging on a tree limb. I think I'll do a 2 tone grey on one also.

pics required and on their way in the morning. So what are your opinions on solids?
    Last edited by HawgEnvy; 08-28-2011 at 06:30 AM.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I really like solid colors and camo limbs/solid riser is good combination too. I would really like a all black bow, just not enough $$.

Post Thanks / Like

if theres no pics it never happened lmao
    2010 Rytera Nemesis. 63lbs/29dl 292 fps 384gr arrow. Sword 6 pin sight

Post Thanks / Like

Solids are fine with me. Personally I believe camo is more for people than critters. As long as it's not glossy or reflective it's cool in my book.

Once drove all over the Memphis area with a friend looking for the perfect Hardwoods Green quiver to match his new Tribute. The one he had didn't have enough green in it to suit him. I still give him hell about that but at least he did buy lunch.

Post Thanks / Like

Just paint em white.
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default How are we going to...

talk about color without pictures? I like the solid earth tones for camo, a lot of this digital is great for humans up close but just fades to shades at a distance. I say just go with the shades. two and three shades seem to break up the best. JMHO
    Martin Black Panther - Martin Cougar III Magnum
    Rytera Scepter V - Martin Diablo - 2 @ Rytera Seeker

"I will make My arrows drunk with blood...” Deuteronomy 32:42a (HCSB)
    I am an Alien, I am in this world but I am not of this world, have mercy. Tell the Truth and shame the Devil.
    http://theprayeroftheday.com

Post Thanks / Like
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

i took the opportunity while at the pro shop yesterday to run this bows twin through the chrony. shooting a Maxima 350 at 29"L w blazers and 100gr tip. bow set at 63#/28.5" DL three consecutive shots. reading were 291,291,292. not sure what the total arrow wt was,but IMO that smokin fast.

ive been toying with the Mace for a couple weeks now and am really enjoying it. very smooth draw w a slight hump before dropping into a nice valley. single draw stop giving a solid wall. it has a thin,narrow grip that I prefer in any bow. slight inaudible vibes at the shot w/o a stabilizer,with a Sims S-coil it vanishes, and no hand shock or felt recoil. the Iron Mace is just slightly more than 33" ata,7.5"bh,340fps IBO,HCA's Trinary cams and Barnesdale limbs,and 3.5# mass weight.

i would highly recommend this bow to anyone. even w HCA's bad CS reputation of the past owner,the new owner is bending over backwards to turn things around. i will be adding another High Country to my collection.

Post Thanks / Like

100% behind you on that one. I have camo Bengal, because that was all that was available. My range finder is black, my arrows have pink and white vanes, so that tells you how much I believe in camo.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Pretty quick bow Hawg. CCS looks familiar?

Quote Originally Posted by Stéphane View Post
    100% behind you on that one. I have camo Bengal, because that was all that was available.
    Camo doesn't make a huge difference but some look very nice. As long as there are no reflections it should be ok regardless of the color, not sure about all white though.