Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: First Shots through Firecat 400 today and....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    They're more than heavy enough as far as mass weight is concerned, but I'd still recommend shooting a stiffer spine or dropping the bow's draw weight by about 5#. Just as proper fit of the bow (draw length) is the most important requirement of a compound bow, proper arrow spine is one of the more important requirements for good arrow flight.
    I surely will.. Already seen a nice carbon fiber arrow I liked to match the bow.. 60 dollars though.. As of right now though I am shooting such tight groups it is unreal to me.. Sure I have shot some good groups in the past but this setup is really the next step up.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    Already seen a nice carbon fiber arrow I liked to match the bow.. 60 dollars though.
    A $60 arrow!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Destroyer View Post
    A $60 arrow!
    LOL that's mean!!
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Jason,

Reading this has me curious.......could you post what your arrows are, including vane type and point weight?
    And maybe which arrows you're looking?

The mention of arrow price reminds me of a conversation I was having with a coworker/friend of mine.
    I was whining about hitting and breaking nock and damaging one of Beman ICS Hunter arrows while practicing, and that I was out a $7 bill.
    This got us looking at his little toothpick target arrows........Easton A/C/E shafts, break-away target point, vanes, A/C?E pin and pin nock.......dang!!! worked out to over $30/arrow. Good thing is they are extremely durable and long lasting when traget shooting (& it helped that Easton provided his)
    2009 Martin Bengal M2 Pro Cam w/factory STS & CCS.....66lbs, 29" DL, 422gr @ 272fps, Winners Choice string/cable, Trophy Taker drop-away Rest, Scott Release
    1996 Martin Firecat XRG Pro Series w/Ultra Sonic wheels.....69lbs, 29" DL, 465gr @ 245fps, w/fingers & Martin leather glove

Post Thanks / Like

If you think ACE's are expensive try pricing X10 Protours. Now there's a target arrow!!!!!!
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    If you think ACE's are expensive try pricing X10 Protours. Now there's a target arrow!!!!!!
    oops, I mispoke......I keep thinking they are A/C/E, but went back and looked again. His Easton provided arrows are the tapered X10 450 (pre protour label)
    Just had it explained to me that the X10 was the recurve arrow the compound shooters liked and specially cut to stiffened up backend for thier release shooting, so Easton modied it a bit for thier needs and released as the X10 protour.........and closer to $50/arrow.
    (sorry got a bit of topic here)
    2009 Martin Bengal M2 Pro Cam w/factory STS & CCS.....66lbs, 29" DL, 422gr @ 272fps, Winners Choice string/cable, Trophy Taker drop-away Rest, Scott Release
    1996 Martin Firecat XRG Pro Series w/Ultra Sonic wheels.....69lbs, 29" DL, 465gr @ 245fps, w/fingers & Martin leather glove

Post Thanks / Like

Ill have to get to the arrows later.. And haha Destroyer you know I was talking about a half dozen or dozen arrows for $60.

I have a whole new problem. The adjustable piece held in by the module screws will not line up with the cam correctly and is eating through my cable.. Figuring this out now on the phone.

Post Thanks / Like

I am not the best photographer and my camera is sub par at best. The top cam and adjustable module piece line up nicely to form a nice smooth channel when transferring from one channel to another.. The bottom cam does not. Its eating the cable.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

The alignment looks different from the top cam which is working real good. Probably hard to tell any alignment on the pictures but that is the best I tell by comparing the two.. Those pictures are all the faulty area though. Module screws will not go any tighter and that is the direction it needs to go to smooth up and line up the two channel. Cam warp?

Post Thanks / Like
    Firecat 400