Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: First Shots through Firecat 400 today and....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MLN1963 View Post
    Yes sir it does.. I have been through that thread a couple times before I purchased.. One those it wont happen to me moments I guess..

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Doesn't look that bad Jason, have a look at the original cable on my Bear.

Attachment 4132

Post Thanks / Like

Man that is tore up Destroyer. Same problem with your Bear? Mine has only had 30 shots through it though.. Joel and Brandon are going to set me up pretty well though. They worked out a pretty good solution for me with it being so close to season at my request. Basically I am going to keep a close eye on the area. I am going to sight in my 30 and 40 and not shoot it anymore unless there is a deer in front of me. Joel has me a set of cables on the way in case something would happen in the next 3 months. Following the last day of season the bow is going back and the cam spacing or what ever the found problem is they are going to fix it. Agreed it has been a poor experience with a brand new bow far as problems but as the rest have said I will have to give them this. They have excellent customer support and that is hard to come by.. Im sure all the folks over at Martin are good people but this next run of bows are going to need a better quality product leaving the factory. Not that 2011 bows are bad but if you put a sticker on a bow with your name on it saying you assembled it and another saying you inspected it I think that needs to say something. If you have to reject 300 bows then that is what it will take.

Do you guys think a serving band aid would be safe to prolong the affected area? Just a thin layer? I do not want it to jump off the cam though. Maybe even dental floss? Maybe I am talking stupid but I am trying to think of something to ensure I get through the season safely. Thankfully the top cam is working great so far.

Hey have I told you guys.. You all have been great so far as well.. Something I hope Martin realizes, they have an excellent customer, member base, etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Jason, this is hard to mess up. Take the module off the cam and see if something is behind it. Maybe lay it on a piece of glass or countertop and see if it's warped or bent. If it is then you should be able to straighten it out enough to get you through season and new parts arrive.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    Jason, this is hard to mess up.
    Haha bfisher! What are you trying to say? lol

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Serving with halo fixes it but I guess dental floss should work. I once pulled the 'x-coat' of a winners choice string and it looked like dental floss lol!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Destroyer View Post
    Serving with halo fixes it but I guess dental floss should work. I once pulled the 'x-coat' of a winners choice string and it looked like dental floss lol!
    Thanks. I am going to take out the module screws and look it over good to see if anything will lay back in place correctly which I do not in any way see happening so a band aid it will most likely be for now.

Post Thanks / Like

You're nicer than me. I would of had them send me a pre-paid shipping label. Boxed it up, sent it to them, and have them send me a ready to shoot bow. Take what... 5 days? Plenty enough time to get ready for the season.

Good Luck to ya!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    Haha bfisher! What are you trying to say? lol
    Bad choice of words Jason. Maybe it would have been better to say it's and easy check if you know how to remove a module. Some people don't know how, you know. In fact some don't even know what the parts of a bow are, but will spend $900 to get one because their friends have one. You get my drift?
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by j-bo View Post
    You're nicer than me Good Luck to ya!
    Im turning over a new leaf in my life. Trying to get rid of anguish and discontent.