Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is Everybody Ready!!

Post Thanks / Like

I am dying to get out there. the week before the 17th I am heading to the lease to put out some feeders and then its climbing stand all the way.

Post Thanks / Like

I think our season starts around the 15 of oct give or take a day or two. My first archery season, so I'm not ready and wont feel ready till I'm up in my stand. Havent shot my broadheads with the new bow yet, need to pull out the camo. May pick up some sent control stuff and a call or two. I'm excited, but my biggest dilema is waterfowl starts around the same time. Ducks in the morning archery in the evening.
    "If Darwin saw the same sunrise and sunset, that I see from a duck marsh, or my tree stand; then he would know there is a God, and that He created all of it." -Ford-

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Destroyer View Post
    Neat umbrella Double S!
    Thanks Destroyer. I love this "Umbrella". It's trekking pole, Portable blind, Camera, rifle rest and if need be...a umbrella. The slip cover comes off. I have Elk, Sage, and turkey covers for it too. Plus it's light and not expensive. I've tried ground blinds and I can't sit still in them. Specially when it 90 plus degree's in it. it's called the Elk mountain Slip system.
    Two days and counting folks. Deer, Bear, Cougar and Elk Tag in hand.

Here's a old video I made using it. Nothing fancy and no sound. I was using my Mini Action cam.

http://youtu.be/KkPyMQ299JY
    Last edited by Double S; 08-30-2011 at 12:00 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I am even more excited today. I was showing my game cam pics to a guy I was working with and it turns out that I have an 8pt and a 6pt in my area. I thought they were the same deer but after looking at them side by side they are actually two different bucks. The 8 pt has tines coming straight up off the base and the 6pt doesn't but because of how the head was down I didn't really notice until today. I can't wait to get in a tree and see if I can bag one this year.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Double S View Post
    It's trekking pole, Portable blind, Camera, rifle rest and if need be...a umbrella.
    I shouldn't call it an umbrella then. Very cool!
    Last edited by Destroyer; 08-30-2011 at 03:05 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Bow is well tuned, tight & ready.....broadheads sharp & flying true......gear is all ready......elk, deer, bear & "wolf" tags in my wallet.........and I'm bummed.
    Most of our archery seasons across the state opened yesterday (Aug 30), but recent high temps have been over 90 and worse, I'm stuck at work.

With everything going on, I'll probably end up waiting until a November late season deer/elk combo hunt, then hopefully be able to get a few days off.

Double S,
    I don't think I've ever seen a treking pole quite like that.
    I've cow called a bull elk in before that hung up just inside cover looking for an elk. One of the Montana Decoy cow elk would have brought him out the last few yards........kind of wondering if one of those Elk Mtn cow elk covers at the back of the pocket would do the same, then have the added benifit of walking stick and rifle shooting monopod.
    2009 Martin Bengal M2 Pro Cam w/factory STS & CCS.....66lbs, 29" DL, 422gr @ 272fps, Winners Choice string/cable, Trophy Taker drop-away Rest, Scott Release
    1996 Martin Firecat XRG Pro Series w/Ultra Sonic wheels.....69lbs, 29" DL, 465gr @ 245fps, w/fingers & Martin leather glove

Post Thanks / Like

Okay, one more time at the range this morning doing my 40 shots round(5 arrows @ 30-40-50-60-50-40-30-20), finish buying grocery, load the rest of the stuff when my buddy gets here and we're off!!!

Should be there at around 5pm tonight, set camp and tomorrow at 5:16 am, we will be officially hunting!!!! Can't wait. This will be my first time hunting mule deer.

Post Thanks / Like

I have it in the Stalking position in the picture above.

Here it is as a trekking pole.

Here's the Cow Elk,

Quote Originally Posted by RLW View Post
    Double S,
    I don't think I've ever seen a treking pole quite like that.
    I've cow called a bull elk in before that hung up just inside cover looking for an elk. One of the Montana Decoy cow elk would have brought him out the last few yards........kind of wondering if one of those Elk Mtn cow elk covers at the back of the pocket would do the same, then have the added benifit of walking stick and rifle shooting monopod.

Post Thanks / Like

More than ready, I've been hunting since Aug 1st. And on Aug 27th, Archery deer and elk opened, tags in pack include Bear, Cougar, Elk, and Deer. All open now.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade