Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need some help guys

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cjchasman View Post
    This might help still looking for you though...http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showth...21&pagenumber=
    I think bfisher could help out. You may want to PM him.
    Its' so easy to volunteer other people.lol
    Gee thanks. Put me in the middle of this. When I first saw this post I checked the spec charts and found nothing that would help. That's why I didn't post a reply. In other words, I have no clue. If it were me I'd toss it all together, weigh the bow, and compute what limbs are needed based on what it is and what is wanted. That's how I get most of my knowledge when there isn't anything to go by in the spec charts.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

One if the biggest problems that martin has aspecialy with limbs most limbs will interchange with theyre bows but there are no specs to tell you what will happen when you do one bow with 3h limbs will be 60 lbs on another might be 70 or 40 so its a trial or error o well its fun to play with if you have deeeep pockets wich i dont have just got to look for bargains who ever said archery is cheap if you get addicted.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by madlaz View Post
    One if the biggest problems that martin has aspecialy with limbs most limbs will interchange with theyre bows but there are no specs to tell you what will happen when you do one bow with 3h limbs will be 60 lbs on another might be 70 or 40 so its a trial or error o well its fun to play with if you have deeeep pockets wich i dont have just got to look for bargains who ever said archery is cheap if you get addicted.
    Yes and no. If you already have limbs on the bow and know what the draw weight range is for them then you should be able to cross reffernce to a different limb deflection and be pretty close. If you don't know how this is done then just ask. That's what we're here for---to help with such matters.

Now if you're starting from scratch that is a different matter. I would say that it would be nice if such info were available on the Tech Charts. Some years they had it and some they didn't.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver