Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Hunt has started. BooYa!.

Post Thanks / Like

Default My Hunt has started. BooYa!.

My Hunt already started. The Alfalfa field Ninja is on the hunt!.
    Last edited by Double S; 09-01-2011 at 05:26 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Lucky son of a gun.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been bear hunting since Aug 1st and since the 27th, deer and elk. But I am concentrating on this bear. Spend most of my days in the field after him. Small wonder, huh?

http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://cascadianbowmen.com/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

I went out mid day... it started to get hot. I got busted by a 4 pointer when I looked over a ridge too fast. He stood there and just watched me. I ranged him at 146 yards. When I tried to get closer...some Does that I didn't see that were closer busted out and took the 4 pointer and smaller bucks with them. Later on I had a close encounter with two small bucks in the tall Sage. They heard me come in but couldn't get a wind on me. They were only 20 feet away. The wind was swirling and they couldn't get a read on me. While I was taking some pictures, i didn't know a Doe was coming up behind me. When I stood up I startled her and she did the same to me. She took off and slammed into an old barb Wire fence that was partially down. I glassed her just to make sure she wasn't injured. She seemed fine. I had to head back and take a break. I forgot my grub. I'm heading back out soon. I have better luck late afternoons. I also saw a Large Coyote but he was out of range.

Post Thanks / Like

More pics,

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sharxfan View Post
    Lucky son of a gun.
    X10

Quote Originally Posted by elkslayer4x5 View Post
    Spend most of my days in the field after him. Small wonder, huh?
    I have no idea lol! Looks pretty big.

Quote Originally Posted by Double S View Post
    More pics,
    Agree, more pics more updates. Good luck!

String builder/ Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

More pics,

Who'd dat masked man?

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

I forgot to mention in my first post that i have my heart set on a true 4x4 Muley not a Muley with 3 plus a eye guard. Those are the types of bucks I already have. I really wanted that 4x4 buck this morning and was pissed at myself for walking over the ridge like that and not slowly glassing over it first.. That's a rookie mistake. After getting busted this morning I figured that he wouldn't come back that way in the afternoon. I was on the farmers land chatting with the farmer on a hill. I decided to watch one side of the hill for my buck...sure enough 50 plus deer trotted down from the state land on the opposite side of my location. I walked over to the other side and they were all out in the Alfalfa field already. The winds picked up really bad There was no west, south wind, etc. It was a swirl wind. I tried to flank the herd. but three does stepped away from the herd and came right toward me. They stopped about 300 yards...Eying me really good. I was using my decoy but the wind wasn't helping at all. Their noses went up in the air and BOOM!..they were out of there and they took the herd with them. My 4x4 was in that herd. Instead of pushing the herd, I backed out of the area. On my way back to the house a spike and two 3x3's came racing down the hill. One of the 3x3's was a wide. I had to bite my lip and tell myself DON"T shoot. It would have been an easy 30 yard shoot. it was a good first day. My Dogs are Barking and my shoulders hurt from my pack.

Busted!

This is part of the herd that busted me. I couldn't get them all in one pic.

Post Thanks / Like

More,

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Pretty effective cover, impressed!

And keep the photo's coming....