Thread: Something different

Post Thanks / Like

Default Something different

i shot the state IFAA shoot last weekend. 14 hunter round targets and 14 animal targets. nice change of pace. wish they had more field shoots nearer to me.

Post Thanks / Like

It's certainly more interesting than 3D shooting once you know what's going on. It's more about accuracy and stamina instead of a guessing game like 3D. So how did you score?
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

well, Mr. Administrator, my score will remain a secret. suffice it to say that on the animal round i relied on the youthful eyes of a shooting partner who assured me i had cut the line on the moose, or whatever it was. zounds (there's a word we don't hear much anymore)! after we approached the target we learned that i did not cut the line. in fact i was at least 4 inches out. no second chance, just a big fat zero. otherwise i might have had a fairly decent score for an ol' geezer.

Sonny, what we shot was 14 of those black targets with the white dot on the 14 target hunter round. 4 arrows at each target with the longest shot being 70 yards. the animal round was 2d animal targets. might consider subbing the 3d targets for the 2d i guess.

i'm thinkin' of trying to set up a 14 station range just to see what the response is. if nothing else i can shoot it for my own fun.