Thread: Limb bolt adjustment and draw weight

Post Thanks / Like

Default Limb bolt adjustment and draw weight

This Onza fell out of tune with the Martin fix all package, TGR/SOS. The new cable slide setup does not have the same tension at rest that the TRG did. I know how to tune the cams by adding a few twists into the Cables. My question is can the limb bolt be competely bottomed or do you back them off say 1/4 turn? My Ice Man requires they be backed off some, not an issue because I have them backed out from 60#s to 55#s. The very late in coming manual on these bows does not say if they should be backed out or not. It's a 50# peak weight bow and only shows 46#s now. What say the Martin Masters, bottom them out or not?

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Sonny; This is my first Martin so I will follow you advice and (snug) the limb bolts. Before I relaxed the bow to change the TRG I marked the cams with a silver marker and they definately relaxed maybe a 16 th of an inch equally on both cams. Getting ready to shoot some this morning, I'll give you a report when finished.

Post Thanks / Like

Bob

I have to snug my limb bolts down or they will back out. I don't see how snugging them tight is going to hurt anything, it's not like you are going to compress the limbs or aluminum riser. In my case it is the only way to keep the bolts from backing out.
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

Having them backed out 1/4 turn vs having them bottomed is not going to make very much change in draw weight at all. My two Ryteras only change about 2# per turn. If your bow is like this then 1/4 turn is only going to give you about 1# or less. Probably, and this is just an educated guess, if the marks on your cam are different from before it's probably the same effect as shortening the draw length. A few twists in each cable would get back the draw weight loss and put the cams in their previous position. Marking the cams is good to do, but you have to follow through and keep them in that position when you change something like the cable guard or string/cable in the future.

Sonny, I think I asked this before, but was using the bent cable rod a better option? It would seem you could rotate the rod in toward the string to minimize side torque while optimizing fletching clearance.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver