Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Threshold Draw Weight

Post Thanks / Like

Default Threshold Draw Weight

Hello Everyone,

I was just given a 40-50# Threshold. I put it together as best as I could but I have a question about the draw weight adjustment. I am unable to turn the limb bolt in either direction. Does it need a shot of lubricant to loosen them up? Also, what weight is it set from the factory? I'm trying to get it to 50lbs. Thank in advance.

Nathan

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum, The limb bolts are screwed into barrel nuts. If they aren't cross threaded then a shot of lube will help. Turning the limb bolts all the way in will give you 50lbs. Do bolts move at all?

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

If you can't move them I'll bet they are bottomed out by somebody with too much strength. Often times they come from the factory this way. Just what is the draw weight right now?
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

If the lubricant doesn't work then maybe you need to be a bit more forceful. I doubt they are cross threaded but if they are then trying to turn them will be bad news.

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch~n~Son Archery View Post
    Do bolts move at all?
    Quote Originally Posted by enron77 View Post
    I am unable to turn the limb bolt in either direction.

Post Thanks / Like

The draw weight is at 40#. I brought it to an archery shop and they said the limb bolts were screwed in all the way. It appears they may put the wrong sticker on the bow and put the 40-50# sticker on it instead of the 40# sticker. I should have realized this when changing the modules. The instructions give you modules instructions for the different size threshold bows. The modules didn't seem to match up with the draw length. I'm new to archery and didn't realize this until after I paid to have a peep sight installed and the bow tuned.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

The draw weight is at 40#
    Maybe not what you wanted but 40# will be a good starting weight. It will allow you to develop good form without struggling to pull it back. Are you going to keep it?

Btw, there are plenty of people that hunt with 40# recurves and this bow will be faster. Depends on the hunting regulations in your area though.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the help. I was hoping to use it for hunting at 50# but I guess 40# will do for now. I shot it really well so I can't complain too much. Being new to archery I was planning on limitting my hunting range anyway. What would be the max distance for hunting with a 40# bow?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

What would be the max distance for hunting with a 40# bow?
    As a beginner I would try to keep the distance to 20 - 25 yards anyway. Use cut on impact two or three blade heads for the best penetration. What arrows do you have?

Post Thanks / Like

I have 4 no name arrows that I don't know anything about. I"m trying to find the right arrow for a 28inch draw and a 40lb bow. I'm not sure what all the numbers mean that are associated with arrows. Is there a chart online anywhere that shows how long of an arrow I need, the weight, etc?

Post Thanks / Like

Default yes

Most arrow manufacturers have thier own charts online for choosing the right arrow for your setup.Welcome to Martin.Hope you enjoy your new bow.