Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need Help Finding a Leg Kit For A 30 Gallon Plastic Barrel or DIY Ideas

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MLN1963 View Post
    HutchThose are great but here are two problems. 1. It's for a 55 gal barrel 2. The legs are only 20" long. I need to get it up at least 3-4 feet to keep critters away from the motor that will be mounted underneath it. Life would be easier if I found me a 55 gallon barrel but my mother in law got me this one so I need to try use it. LOL
    Any Coca cola or Pepsi plant has those 55 gal barrels usually they dispose of the ones the can't reuse. Try calling one if you have one close enough. Even a Dr Pepper company.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

I could swear I have seen kits to turn 30 gallon plastic barrels/drums into feeders. Now that I was given a 30 plastic barrel to make into a feeder I can't find the dang kits. My Google searches have left me empty handed.

If there are no kits do you have suggestions? The plastic barrel would need good support especially since it is 100* right now and would probably get soft and bend/collapse if you just bolted on some legs.
    If you havent figured anything out by tommorrow or laborday ill take a few pics of what i made for my 5gallon feeder,keeps it plenty off the ground and is quite strong.
    Going fishing on lake so will be late afternoone with pics.

Now this will be for holding it up only.
    Last edited by Speedykills; 09-04-2011 at 03:48 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Just today I seen a 30 gallon poly auto game feeder in WM for $88. It almost makes me think it's not worth making my own. $49 for the motor, and probably at least $20 in steal and bolts. For $20 more you have a ready made one.

That still would leave me with a barrel I need to do something with. LOL
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Speedykills View Post
    If you havent figured anything out by tommorrow or laborday ill take a few pics of what i made for my 5gallon feeder,keeps it plenty off the ground and is quite strong.
    Going fishing on lake so will be late afternoone with pics.

Now this will be for holding it up only.
    I would love to see pics when you get a chance.
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

I would love to see pics when you get a chance.
    This is my getto cheepo tripod i made for my 5gallon feeder,used 2x4 ripped in half for everything.made a nice solid hook to hang from handle.
    Also drilled holes in bottom of legs to pound rebar through to keep hogs from knoking it around.Painted it green.
    Ive used it now for over 3 years still going strong.You can make it bigger to fit a bigger barrel or !.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Looks good. Don't the coons crawl up and get to the bucket? Mine is plastic and I worry about them chewing thru it.
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

Looks good. Don't the coons crawl up and get to the bucket? Mine is plastic and I worry about them chewing thru it.
    No,the bucket i use is metal and has a nice tight lid,the style of bucket is like those big ones that have roofing tar so the lid is tight.The feeder and controls is low enough that it cant really be messed with.
    You could use a 30gal steel drum and make a nice feeder and tripod cheap that would last for years.