Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scratched riser upon arrival

Post Thanks / Like

Default Scratched riser upon arrival

Hi,

My 2011 Shadowcat arrived last Thursday with 2 scratches which are about 1.5 cm long, 2 mm wide. (1 straight scratch, one v-shaped) The bow was delivered from Bowsports.com in the sealed plastic bag so it must have occurred at Martin.

This is naturally really annoying each time I see it, but I don't have the patience to have the bow replaced because of that.

Would it be possible to get some form of compensation for example some decals for the hardcase and other Martin branded stuff?

Seems like the Tech staff don't read the threads here, but perhaps they should. Will have to call them later unless I find an e-mail somewhere else on their site.

That aside it looks like it is a wicked bow, but will have to wait until the end of the week to get hold of a bow press.

Best Regards

/Richard H - Sweden
    Last edited by cardazio; 09-04-2011 at 09:21 AM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Email hasn't been very successful, calling would be a better idea. Can you post a photo?

Post Thanks / Like

Sure,

I took the picture with a mobile camera, so the quality is a bit shoddy. See the attached image.

BR

/Richard
    Attached Images Attached Images

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

You could put a sticker over it perhaps? Scratches annoy the #$%# out of me too, cant stand scratches on new bows but it happens unfortunately.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down Reply from Martin - ... "Customer service"

Sent this e-mail to Martin: Note that the thread I refer to is this one - started 4 of September 2011. My order from Bowsports arrived about the 27th of August.

"Hi,

The bow had the damage when sealed in the original Martin plastic bag (and yes, I saw it before opening) and I posted the thread in the forum the same week. I imported it from England, so sending it back when lead times for this bow were over 8 weeks did not seem appealing to me.

If you check your inbox there should be an e-mail from ***censured**** which I used the last time (right when I received the bow), but there was some small print saying you don't respond to hotmail addresses which I saw this time around.

I would have expected some effort when purchasing a premium bow from you (dispite knowledge of the severe quality issues you've had with it). Don't think I asked for too much in wanting some branded stuff like stickers and so on. I did think long and hard when choosing to take a chance on your bow (considering the cracking limb / TRG issues) instead of the Hoyt Alpha Elite but chose the longer A2A length and my previous experience with the Martin Cheetah over the Hoyt.

I hope you handle other possible warranty issues better than this out-of-the box defect."

Reply from Martin:

"Hi Richard,

This issue would have needed to be brought up with your dealer upon receipt
    of the bow. We will not compensate for damages that may or may not be
    factory related after this much time has elapsed."

I have worked in claims and warranty issues and if you can make someone happy by sending something at an insignificant cost to the company, which was requested as an acknowledgement in my e-mail - Then you send it to get the customer to return the next time...

This just shows there is some underlying problem in the company - quality issues (TRG, cracking limbs...), this kind of customer service, long lead times. Next time I'm probably changing to Mathews or Hoyt.

Post Thanks / Like

ya the finish on my new 2011 firecat isnt that great either has scratches and chips all over it my dealer told me thats just the way it is martins quality has gone to is what he said i was like ok
    Last edited by Hutch~n~Son Archery; 12-04-2011 at 04:41 AM. Reason: Swearing

Post Thanks / Like

It's a real shame to hear this about Martin. I am a new archer and own a used 07 Jaguar. I love it. In a year or so I was planning on buying a new Martin. Should I reconsider?
    Last edited by Hutch~n~Son Archery; 12-04-2011 at 04:41 AM. Reason: swearing!
    2007 Martin Wildcat / Jaguar 55# Dw 29" DL, Wildman Fly Series Quiver,Nap Apache Drop Away Rest, 28" Beman, ICS. Bowhunter 400- Custom Camo Hutch-n-son wrist sling

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

definately don't reconsider. you will like the newer Martin even more than the Jag. just learn from this post. check it over with your dealer before you take possession.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

Nothing to add about the lack of finish quality, but would like to thank Hutch for editing out the swearing, familiys read these posts Guys, lets keep it clean, there are other way to express your self. Thanks for your cooperation. Wouldn't want my grandduaghter reading the excrement that comes off some keyboards!
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

martin makes a great bow just have to find the right dealer