Thread: Sooo what to do here...

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Sooo what to do here...

My friend fired my bow and this happened? I have had the string jump off a few times but this time it couldn't decide if it wanted to stay on or jump off so it decided to stop half way.. damn.

I purchased this bow last year. It is a Martin. Monster Buck Hunter (from dicks) after research on this forum found out it is like a bengal.

I just started bowhunting last year and this bow has close to 2500 shots through it. I am not sure what to do?

Here are the picsIMAG0089.jpgIMAG0090.jpgIMAG0091.jpg

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

turn back your limb bolts to releive the pressure enough to get the strings off. the bow can be completely disassembled w/o a press by back the bolts out. make sure to go 2 turns top,2 turn bottom and keep repeating. look through the ends of the barrel nuts and when you can see the bottoms of the limb bolts,there'll be enough slack to get the string off. obviously,your cam is junk and will need to be replaced. take a cotton ball and run up and down the limbs. if the cotton snags,your limbs are cracked and will need replaced also.

you can probably replace the bow cheaper than having it repaired. good luck. chalk it up to leasons learned. dont let anyone draw your bow. Welcome to the forum
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

After it jumped off the first time I would have taken it back for a warranty claim, something just isn't right. Did it jump of while firing or when letting down?

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you the quick replies! It happened while firing.

What is ur honest opinion...if the limbs are cracked should I just invest in a new bow?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BWgolfer View Post
    Thank you the quick replies! It happened while firing.

What is ur honest opinion...if the limbs are cracked should I just invest in a new bow?
    Go to your nearest martin dealer or dick's and have it repaired under warranty...no need to buy a new bow.they should take care of it.....................
    2008 Martin Firecat Pro x,Martin mounted ripcord rest,Sword twilight hunter site,G5 maglock quiver,carbonx stab,H&S custom threads.

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

im sorry. i was under the impression that it was dry fired originally. if it was jumping off the cam, chances are the cam or module was bent. how long after you bought it did the string jumping the cam start? i would say call Joel in CS and get ready to send pics if he asks for them. you will need to send the parts to Martin,then they will send replacements to your OR have a dealer(preferably a pro shop)place the order for the parts needed. you'll probably get them quicker through the pro shop.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Agree, return it for a warranty claim.

Post Thanks / Like

Appreciate all the advice. I will take it to dicks on Tuesday and see what I can do.
    Hope I can still make it to my tree stand by September 24th!