Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The super shooter at 65 yards!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Destroyer View Post
    How are you going to test it anyway? You would need to fire a lot of shots with the different batches to rule out the other factors that influence accuracy. Plus the SS will probably shoot well regardless of arrow so any difference wont show up as much as with a average human archer with less than perfect form.
    I can understand how human error can affect the shot. Mess up with the bow and the arrow will not hit it's mark. However, the arrow is being sent by the bow and I don't see how human error has an affect on how the arrow flies when strictly testing different straightness' of arrows? I hope that made sense. Since you or I as humans can not do something perfectly the same over and over again, we all have good days and bad days, the only way to rule out the human error aspect and test the arrows is in a machine. IMO the Super Shooter seems to be quite capable of this.

From what I have read all arrows are cut from the same rod (within that series). They just cull out the straighter ones and set them aside to sell separately.

Maybe we can get enough donations to buy 3 straight and 3 crooked arrows of the same brand for Hutch to test. He can set them up exactly the same for his bow For his testing he can keep the arrows. Maybe all he needs is 3 more of the .001" arrows that are a match to the ones he just bought? I would be willing to donate some money to the cause. I'm broke, so some, not all!
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

And when you buy 12 arrows how do you know you have all from the exact same batch? You don't unless you paid special for that. So just like in the real world, just get some and test them for what it is worth. You could make a mountain out of a mole hill real fast. I'm not trying to be an ass, I'm trying to be true to what the vast majority of people do. I bet even Sonny and Destroyer don't use the super expensive $30 each arrows for hunting. Am I wrong?
    Last edited by MLN1963; 09-05-2011 at 07:51 PM.
    Firecat 400

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MLN1963 View Post
    I don't see how human error has an affect on how the arrow flies when strictly testing different straightness' of arrows?
    You just can't test based on straightness though, your testing spine and weight as well. And spine is effected by the release and torquing the bow, etc.

IMO the Super Shooter seems to be quite capable of this.
    Problem is the SS is too consistent to show the difference, like Sonny pointed out. I would be interested to see the results using the SS but don't go buying shafts just for for testing this out. It would take many dozens of arrows and hundreds of shoots to get enough data to prove anything, not even then. It hasn't been done before and might not be done ever.

I bet even Sonny and Destroyer don't use the super expensive $100 each arrows for hunting. Am I wrong?
    LOL! Nope, can't afford too but if money wasn't a concern then I would be using some fancy camo .001"carbons with expensive heads instead of using Velocity Hunters with cheap heads. Would they shoot better and would I hit more critters? Of course It would, they're more expensive....
    Last edited by Destroyer; 09-06-2011 at 02:42 PM. Reason: cant speel

Post Thanks / Like

So now not only are certain bows more forgiving on the shot, certain arrows are too? I ain't buying that one. I will accept that longer A2A bows are more forgiving to shoot, but not arrows. You will have to show me evidence of this. So far no one has shown any evidence of this. All they have shown is highly paid archers who don't buy their own arrows, use the straight ones. This is great advertising and promotion of a product and that is all.

Again, all these multi-million, maybe billion, dollar companies making arrows and no empirical data is available to John Q. public. Why would that be? Maybe there is data out there and they are keeping it from John Q. public because it doesn't substantiate the prices they ask?

Have you ever heard this one? Dress nice for the job and you will feel good about yourself and do a better job. Buy a .001" arrow and you will feel good about your arrow and shoot better. Sound familiar?
    Last edited by MLN1963; 09-06-2011 at 05:02 AM.
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

Again, all these multi-million, maybe billion, dollar companies making arrows and no empirical data is available to John Q. public. Why would that be? Maybe there is data out there and they are keeping it from John Q. public because it doesn't substantiate the prices they ask?
    Maybe we could contact an arrow company and see if they will give us a dozen arrows in .001, .003, and .006 We can tell them we want to test them and see if there is any difference. Since you can't shoot the same arrow twice without going in the same hole (using the super shooter), we will shoot each of the dozen arrows, and the dozen that groups the tightest should be the .001 if what they claim is true. I am betting you will not find a company to do that since it is probably a lot of nonsense. We could even let them use the video for advertising purposes if it works out in their favor. To be fair though, you would have to use the same arrows, with the only difference being the straightness factor. For example, I shoot Victory VForce. They come in .001, .003, and .006 I am shooting the .006 and am pretty happy with how the arrows fly.
    2012 Alien X

Post Thanks / Like

I have to believe that if Carbon Express, or any other manufacture, had irrefutable data that a given .001" straightness arrow of same brand, series and qualities were vastly superior in accuracy to a .006" straightness arrow they would be shouting from the tallest mountain about it. The only thing I see is them offering different straightness arrows for more money.

Granted, I am new and not been in a lot of nice shops. The only shops I have been in besides Cabela's and Bass Pro have a bin of arrows for all the different spines, flavors and such. Exactly what you won't buy. Cabela's and Bass Pro had dozen and half dozen boxes available. So when I had arrows made up it was luck of the draw I guess as I watched him pull them out of a bin of arrows. I recently ordered a Dz HT-2 (.006") from HTA so I hope they are better matched.

The CX Maxima Blue Streak Select is listed as a hunting arrow with .001 straightness.

This will never end so I guess I will try refrain from anymore comments. If anyone is willing to donate to the cause for a simple layman's test as mentioned above PM me. If we can talk Hutch into doing the work that is.
    Firecat 400

String builder/ Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

MLN, got some Wal-Mart arrows. So far they shoot pretty good. They are .0065 and 400 spine. Vanes are ugly! I will cut the arrows and see how they do. In house I have .003, .006, and now .0065.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Cut em to length, square em and re-vane em like your others and let us know how they shoot. How did you determine they are .400 spine? Did you get the 29" or 30" arrows? Which end are you cutting from, how do you get the insert free to reuse it?
    Firecat 400

String builder/ Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

MLN, I got them 29" I can't remember which place I read they are 400 spine. But I know they are made by Allen, because the other box at Walmart read Allen company.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Okay, I thought you had made a spine tester.
    Firecat 400