Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Sabre owner

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Sabre owner

Hey fellow archers! I recently purchased a 2010 Sabre from a local sporting goods store. They told me that I could change the draw length modules with out a press. Looking at the module screws, they cant be accessed with out some rotation of the cam. I just wonder if the guy knew what was speaking of. Also, Im having trouble finding what module is for what draw length. I have F1 through F7. There is a F2 installed now and it seems extremely short. This is the first compact bow I have owned and I could use a little help, if possible.

Thanks for your time.

String builder/ Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum, All you have to do is loosen the limb bolts. 2 full turns on the top, then 2 full turns on the bottom. Until you see the end of the bolts in the barrel nuts. The string should be loose then you can turn the cam enough to loose the module and change it. Then reverse the steps and you should be good to go.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch~n~Son Archery View Post
    Welcome to the forum, All you have to do is loosen the limb bolts. 2 full turns on the top, then 2 full turns on the bottom. Until you see the end of the bolts in the barrel nuts. The string should be loose then you can turn the cam enough to loose the module and change it. Then reverse the steps and you should be good to go.

Hutch
    Thanks for the welcome and the advice. It worked perfectly.

Post Thanks / Like

You can do as Hutch said, but even turning the limb out isn't always necessary. All you have to do is squeeze the riser and cable together and this usually rotates the cam enough to get that "hiding" screw. So you hold them together and loosen the screw with the other hand. In a pinch, if you can't hold it long enough you can use a good sized zip-tie around the cable and riser till you're done with the mod swap. Now. if for some reason this doesn't work then do as Hutch suggested.

As far as the modules are concerned? Look at the Technical Specs on Martin's website. Not putting you off here. Just trying to treach you something. The Saber goes from 25" to 30". The f1 mod is for 25". f2 is for 26" and so forth. Don't ask me why but somehwere in the middle they will not use the f5 or f6 mod. Don't worry about it. Use whichever you need to get your draw length right. It doesn't matter what the draw length is so long as it fits you. Also, as with almost all bows, don't expect it to measure what the charts say. Most bows draw about 1/2" or so longer than what the charts say. Just make it fit.

Need any more help? Welcome to the Tech Forums where we try to answer all questions.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ScSabre View Post
    They told me that I could change the draw length modules with out a press..
    Same with some of the PSE's I've owned, they say that but it isn't exactly true. Welcome!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Destroyer View Post
    Same with some of the PSE's I've owned, they say that but it isn't exactly true. Welcome!
    I've noticed the same thing with PSE. Particularly on some of their shorter bows.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to try these tips on my kids Pantera next time. No amount of backing out the limb bolts would do it. Thanks Barry and Sonny!!
    Firecat 400

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    if you can't hold it long enough you can use a good sized zip-tie around the cable and riser
    Or just use a belt.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks all. I've got it tuned perfectly. It's been a 30 hour process but she is ready. I pitty the deer that walks out in front of my dead on range finder and my G5 Montec CS fixed blades this Thursday on opening day. Thanks again for the tips. I will report back with my first Martin harvest. Until then, Fly'em straight and Knock'em down!!!

String builder/ Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

That is good news. Thursday is our opening day as well. Won't get out opening day but will Saturday. Hope all goes well for you.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com