Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cam type

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default cam type

For the purpose of pinwheel software does anyone know if the nitro 2.0 cams are considered soft, medium, hard or extra hard? also have the onza3 and love it but, should the top cam almost touch the limb at rest? i'm talking millimeters. and yes the t.o.g. is adjusted correctly. thx

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by skidge View Post
    For the purpose of pinwheel software does anyone know if the nitro 2.0 cams are considered soft, medium, hard or extra hard?
    If the onza was shooting the quoted IBO of 330 -340 then I would say X-hard but hard would probably be more accurate. Regardless you can enter the speed manually if you know.

Post Thanks / Like

new to site gotta figure out how to add pic. the top cam does lean and almost touches the inside of the limb. buddy just got his in today and his is the same way and his has the a standard cable guard instead of the trg

Post Thanks / Like

Default pic of top cam

here u go sonny. shooting 270 with 360gr xringers
    Attached Images Attached Images

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I would be doing a warranty claim on that.

Post Thanks / Like

the thing is its not hitting and shoots great and a new one that came in today is the same way

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

the thing is its not hitting and shoots great and a new one that came in today is the same way
    that doesnt mean its right. id be concerned about it
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

For the purpose of pinwheel software does anyone know if the nitro 2.0 cams are considered soft, medium, hard or extra hard? ...........
    In the help section of the program, it explains how it automatically selects cam style for you based from bow selected. In the case of the Onza3 Nitro 2 Hybrid cams, they consider Hybrid cams slaved single cams. Making it a 1 Cam X-Hard for the purposes of the programs arrow spine calc..............but does allow you the option to change this, if for some reason your personal finding do not match program selections/suggestions.

I have the Pinwheel's OnTarget2 Software, and really like it........I put my three bows in there and another three of friends of mine, and we found that once required information is acurately put in, that it is right there with our real world findings.
    One of my (our) favorite features is the sight pin gap template you can print out. Get the 20yd set, adjust others per template and it has been really close out to the 60yds we use. Printed a sight tap for one of the guys that acurately shoots out to 100+yds and he said it was good too.

FYI: assuming you're using same program, make sure it's set at "SAE" and "SIACCI" in bottom left. After an update, I didn't notice I had somehow clicked "SIACCI" over to "LISTON" and thought the program was screwed up because my sight template was way off......email to customer service (great by the way) pointed me to my error.
    Corrected that issue and everything was back to being right on again.
    2009 Martin Bengal M2 Pro Cam w/factory STS & CCS.....66lbs, 29" DL, 422gr @ 272fps, Winners Choice string/cable, Trophy Taker drop-away Rest, Scott Release
    1996 Martin Firecat XRG Pro Series w/Ultra Sonic wheels.....69lbs, 29" DL, 465gr @ 245fps, w/fingers & Martin leather glove

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonnyThomas View Post
    I don't think the Cat Cams or Nitro cams are that aggressive. Sure, fast, but not rip tearing from the get go.
    Agree, not x-hard like some pse's, rip ya arm out!

Getting back to the cam lean, just think of what it is doing to the limbs. I would at least inquire about it.

Post Thanks / Like

my proshop says its good cuz it aint touchin but i'm the first onza outta there, I think i'm gonna call martin and see what they say is normal