Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rattle Horns

Post Thanks / Like

i've thought about it before. the only thing is your going to want to hack off those brau(braw, sp?) tines. go for it. you wont pay any attention to it once you kill a couple bigger ones and they will mean just as much everywhere you take them and you can show them to everyone you hunt with
    Last edited by boobowbender; 09-07-2011 at 07:08 PM.
    2011 Firecat 400, sword twilight hunter, apa twister, lots of arrows

Post Thanks / Like

Now that I see your buck, I think you should make them into rattling horns... They are a great size for it... Cut the brow tines off, and rattle like crazy. Being he isn't a giant, some monster buck may think some smaller bucks are fighting and wants to take them on! Go for it, and then when people ask about your horns, you have a great story!
    2012 Rytera Nemesis in vista camo
    equipment list
    • Strings by BOW STRING DEPOT (Formerly hutch n sons archery)
    • octane stabilizer
    • 3/16 meta peep
    • HHA ol5519 sight
    • QAD ultrarest HDX in realtree ap
    • fuse 3 arrow quiver
    • saunders hyperglide cable slide

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by droppixel View Post
    Not sure what actually happened to it, but it just stopped loading my OS
    What was the error message? disk not found, ntldr is missing, etc.

ironically I was going to buy an external the week before to do a back up and never did.
    Happens a lot unfortunately, I haven't backed up for ages.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Destroyer View Post
    What was the error message? disk not found, ntldr is missing, etc.

Happens a lot unfortunately, I haven't backed up for ages.
    I run a mac - wasn't giving any specific message other than their triangle with the ! in it. I tried reseting PRAM, batter pulls, everything that I could find to fix it. Ended up just getting a new HD off evil-bay loaded up Snow leopard again and called it a day. Had to also replace my power cord - that was a timebomb waiting to go off anyway. We fostered a lab pup for 1 day and the little bastich chewed up the cord, so I had it taped up - it eventually shorted out.

That cord being a problem I believe has my battery jacked up too - comp won't stay on very long unless it is plugged in, even at high 90s % life. Battery has very few load cycles on it also - so that probably is part of the issue too since it has been plugged in for the majority of it's life.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

so that probably is part of the issue too since it has been plugged in for the majority of it's life.
    Same as my laptop, never had good life on the battery anyway. 'evil-bay' lol!

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I finally did it. Went out with my bone saw and cut the antler off the cap. Couldn't bring myself to take the brow tines off, so they are still there for now. So far they aren't getting in the way and I'm really liking the sound I am getting with these antlers. Really looking forward to getting out with them this fall and seeing what I might be able to bring in I strung them up with the same paracord colors I am using for my sling and release strap. I'll get a picture of them tomorrow and post.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Look forward to seeing them. Good thing about making the choice, you couldn't loose.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I finally did it. Went out with my bone saw and cut the antler off the cap. Couldn't bring myself to take the brow tines off, so they are still there for now. So far they aren't getting in the way and I'm really liking the sound I am getting with these antlers. Really looking forward to getting out with them this fall and seeing what I might be able to bring in I strung them up with the same paracord colors I am using for my sling and release strap. I'll get a picture of them tomorrow and post.
    Cool. I'm looking forward to seeing a pic of it. Try Rattling in a Buck on the ground during the rut. It's a rush when a Buck charges in mad crazy snort and wheezing. I've had it happen a couple of times. It's a rush. One thing I've learned from Rattling Muley's (Might differ from Whitetails). Don't over use it.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm like you, could'nt have cut the brow tines off either, think that it would change the tonal quality of the antlers, and sound unnatural.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Thread is now valid to the title.

Aspen Camo and Solar Orange paracord. Matches my bow sling and release strap I have made so far.