Thread: Broadhead dilema most wish they probablt had.....

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Broadhead dilema most wish they probablt had.....

Well it's been a long time since I've been on here long summer with flooding and all as well as house renovations. Finally shot the bow tonight first time since January. Started at 20 yds and worked out to 40 yds. Now for the dilema. Tried the ST 100 Mags back in January and thought WOW these fly great at all distances same as FP's. The I just had to try the Muzzy MX3 100's after others talked them up and they are amazing out of my set up, even more consistent than the ST's. Both fly with POI as the FP's within' an inch of each other but the Muzzys just have that slight bit better consistency at all ranges or it could just be me. And at the longer distances they out performed the ST's as far as consistency within' a half inch of the 10 ring. Penetration from the Muzzy seems just slightly better as well. I believe I could have both in the quiver and it wouldn't matter which one I grabbed the target is going down. So now I need to choose which one as season has started but haven't been out yet due to the heat believe it or not. Think it will be the Muzzy this year since I am going to try to take my fall turkey with the bow as well. Nice to have these types of dilemas. Did I say that I think this is one of the best shooting bows I have ever shot, lol. Good hunting to all.
    2010 Bengal,63#, 28dl, Easton ST Excels 400s @ 27.5", GT 5575s @ 27.5", or Beman 400s @ 27.5, ST 100 Magnums/Grim Reapers, older WB, Bonecollector 1100 Sights, LimbSaver "S" coil stabilizer, Grayling four arrow quiver, nocturnal nocks, Hutch-n-Sons cable/strings

Post Thanks / Like

As long as your confident with the Broad head and its the best choice for your setup. I changed from a 3 blade Hades to Magnus stinger 2 blades just for giggles. I bought two packs of Stingers. They flew similar to my fp's with the same tight groups I look for in a Broad head. It wasn't till it took me 2 shots both at 20 yards to put down a buck. Both were pass through kill shots and both the holes were touching. I wasn't pleased with the 2 blade's performance. So I'm returning one pack to Midway and I'm gonna exchange it for some Trophy Taker Shuttle T- locks. I wanted my Grim Reaper Hades but they were gonna be back ordered.

Post Thanks / Like

how do you think blade sharpness compares between muzzy and those mercedes blades from germany?
    2011 Firecat 400, sword twilight hunter, apa twister, lots of arrows

Post Thanks / Like

Have you ever tried G5 montecs? It seems you really want to go fixed blade, and I have heard some GREAT things about them. Just for grins I shot some at a target to see where they hit, and they hit just a hair high compared to my field points, but i had fletching touching, so out of two arrows they appeared to group well..... I just like that they are ONE piece, and if you hit dirt, they are durable enough to be simply sharpened and fired again. They are easily sharpened, with a flat diamond stone, and the price isn't bad.... I used a 2 blade rage last weekend for the first time on an eastern ND doe, and she expired 200 yards from where I double lunged her. Didn't leave the MASSIVE blood trail they advertised, but the heads hit exactly where I want them, and they did do the trick!
    2012 Rytera Nemesis in vista camo
    equipment list
    • Strings by BOW STRING DEPOT (Formerly hutch n sons archery)
    • octane stabilizer
    • 3/16 meta peep
    • HHA ol5519 sight
    • QAD ultrarest HDX in realtree ap
    • fuse 3 arrow quiver
    • saunders hyperglide cable slide

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boobowbender View Post
    how do you think blade sharpness compares between muzzy and those mercedes blades from germany?
    on the Slick Trick blades: so far,one head has taken 6 coons,1 possum,and 1 feral cat. blades could use a touch up,but will still cut my fingers. all shots have been pass throughs into the dirt
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HawgEnvy View Post
    one head has taken 6 coons,1 possum,and 1 feral cat.
    Pretty damn impressive, that and you haven't lost the arrow as well. Almost every time I shoot a broadhead I seem to loose the f'ing arrow.