Thread: martin exile

Post Thanks / Like

Default martin exile

Like a lot of people i had string wear from the trg. Well the customer service lady I spoke to said the reason they weren't sending any bow out with the trg was be because they couldn't produce them fast enough. I finally talk to warranty and they confirmed that its because of the problems that they are not shipping with the trg. Anyway after getting my trg reduced to a straight carbon rod and slide I have to send back the trg. This seems a little bs, I get something that's worth less than what I have? The saddleback thermal grip doesn't wrap around the riser like it does in the picture, not a big deal now, but come winter that riser gets damn cold. Don't get me wrong, I love this bow. It's my first ever new bow. Sorry for the rant, I just understand some people and they're thought process sometimes

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with you. At the VERY LEAST, Martin should pay the return shipping on their faulty parts. It ticked me off when my '09 FC kept breaking limbs and Martin sent me a new FC400 to replace it. They also sent a bill for the retail cost of the FC400 in case I didn't return the old FC to them within 30 days. Cost me $28 to send their broken bow back to them. Not to mention all the money I spent to have 3 sets of limbs replaced in one year. Granted, I'm happy with the upgrade to a 2011 FC400, but kinda cheap of them to make me pay for shipping after all I had already spent on the bow.
    2006 Rytera Bullet X 60#---2008 Moab 70#
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous C
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sirfunkeybut View Post
    I get something that's worth less than what I have?
    I think you just upgraded. If a standard cable rod and slide was an option I would have picked it over the trg even at a cost. Might not look as trendy or cool, I get that.

Quote Originally Posted by sirfunkeybut View Post
    Sorry for the rant
    No problem at all, I don't like things turning up different from what is expected either. Sometimes it works out for the best.