Thread: Dicks Off-Name Martins

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dicks Off-Name Martins

Ran into a few of these at Dicks that I hadn't seen before. I have seen some of the older ones in the past few years. Picked up their Hunting Guide because the bows weren't labeled - they had the Rack Attack with the TRG/SOS, someone totally set it up wrong as eff. They also had a Rack Master. Both look like decent bows for what they are priced at. The Guide though has the Rack Rage that looks pretty solid. Has a CCS and is rated at 325fps - ready to hunt package $499. Think that is a pretty sweet deal for anyone looking to get a nice bow at a decent price.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

the ones that are at the local Dick's are set up poorly,also. on of them had the cable slide on the wrong side of the bar. as if some of the Martin cam lean isn't bad enough. there also werent any "new" model year bows. they were '07-'09 and they wouldnt even discount for for the crappy set up or the age of the bow. my pro shop discounts them real nice. i can still get the '10 Nemesis for $500. originally $749. and my nephew got a '10 Cheetah for $150 w a trade in.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HawgEnvy View Post
    had the cable slide on the wrong side of the bar
    I hate to think of someone using a bow like that, hopefully it was just that one bow.

as if some of the Martin cam lean isn't bad enough.

Post Thanks / Like

the ones that are at the local Dick's are set up poorly,also. on of them had the cable slide on the wrong side of the bar. as if some of the Martin cam lean isn't bad enough. there also werent any "new" model year bows. they were '07-'09 and they wouldnt even discount for for the crappy set up or the age of the bow. my pro shop discounts them real nice. i can still get the '10 Nemesis for $500. originally $749. and my nephew got a '10 Cheetah for $150 w a trade in.
    That is awesome deals - I might need to come up there and work a possible trade!

I don't know this to be 100% true or not, but I caught wind that the Dick's in my town tossed out all of their model stands and a few bows at the end of the season last year. Supposedly a guy that my Dad knows went and snagged up a bunch of stuff outta the dumpster. So when it gets closer to end of season, I'll be swinging through the back lot just to see for myself ...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by droppixel View Post
    That is awesome deals - I might need to come up there and work a possible trade!

I don't know this to be 100% true or not, but I caught wind that the Dick's in my town tossed out all of their model stands and a few bows at the end of the season last year. Supposedly a guy that my Dad knows went and snagged up a bunch of stuff outta the dumpster. So when it gets closer to end of season, I'll be swinging through the back lot just to see for myself ...
    that dumpster diving is a felony in MI. Be careful. I used to work next door to Kawasaki HQ's. They'd throw away complete frames for crotch rockets,the engines,and lawnmower engines. The dumpster was video monitored at all times according to the VP's son that I worked with.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

that dumpster diving is a felony in MI. Be careful. I used to work next door to Kawasaki HQ's. They'd throw away complete frames for crotch rockets,the engines,and lawnmower engines. The dumpster was video monitored at all times according to the VP's son that I worked with.
    touché - just searched that - looks like it is okay in IL as long as it isn't considered trespassing. Once it is in the trash, the owner relieves ownership of the item what some lawyer business said. Still a valid concern either way.

Post Thanks / Like

just make sure to send me some stands. aluminum prefered. and any bow in 28.5"DL

Post Thanks / Like

just make sure to send me some stands. aluminum prefered. and any bow in 28.5"DL
    I'll see what I can do! I'd be totally shocked if they actually do toss stuff at the end of the season ...