Thread: Pics of my riser shifting

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pics of my riser shifting

Here are a few pics showing the line in the new paint job on my bow were the top and center is shifting.
    Don.
    Picture 656.jpgPicture 657.jpgPicture 661.jpgPicture 660.jpgPicture 658.jpg
    I am sponsered by Louie Rangle-- Gator Feathers by Gator vanes...www.gatorvanes.com Deer Crossing Target shafts. Specialty Archery Timberdoodle ll rest. Bow String Depot Cables and String.
    I Shoot a 2012-SepterV and a 2011-Shadowcat
    I shoot Bowhunter, not barebow--fingers non-sights.
    Enter-ZESTY at checkout at Deer Crossing Archery- http://deercrossingarchery.com/
    For a 10% discount on all products, other than ECO Hunter shafts.

Post Thanks / Like

It's kind of hard with the glare but I do see some breaks in the paint. Do you have before and after? Could the paint be breaking in a void that it previously covered?

Post Thanks / Like

that has to be shifting.if the riser was solid and no movement then the paint would not have broke,but no doubt in my mind the riser is shifting...even if it may be verry little movement.no good.all that work and now ther are 3 pc riser marks.sorry to see it.

Post Thanks / Like

I really wish Martin would have called me back yesterday or today, I must of left about half a dozen messages with them. Oh well maybe next week. I have the California State 900 Championships tomorrow at 9:00 am. Hope it holds.
    Don.
    I am sponsered by Louie Rangle-- Gator Feathers by Gator vanes...www.gatorvanes.com Deer Crossing Target shafts. Specialty Archery Timberdoodle ll rest. Bow String Depot Cables and String.
    Enter-ZESTY at checkout at Deer Crossing Archery- http://deercrossingarchery.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Don B View Post
    I really wish Martin would have called me back yesterday or today, I must of left about half a dozen messages with them. Oh well maybe next week. I have the California State 900 Championships tomorrow at 9:00 am. Hope it holds.
    Don.
    martin cs is closed on friday...still no excuse for them leaving ya hanging.i have a small bend in my idler wheel and i called about a month or 2 ago and still have had no call back

Post Thanks / Like

Ya you can see a crack there,maybe the dipping proccess did something to it.Just be careful did you see where somebody died do to there bow coming apart,it was on AT.Be vary carefull,maybe wait till you can talk to martin.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sharxfan View Post
    It's kind of hard with the glare but I do see some breaks in the paint. Do you have before and after? Could the paint be breaking in a void that it previously covered?
    To answer your question.. I never noticed any shifting marks on either bows before. I always checked them on a regular basis and never saw anything untill I painted them.
    Don.