Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Whacked

Post Thanks / Like

lol.... i guess ive never really thought too much about it. i do loins and the minions and then do the roasts. everything else goes for stew meat or gets ground up.
    2010 rytera x. apache rest, truglo 5pin. 8in shockbocker 1000 stabilizer. norway g2 string tamer Huch-n-Son strings
    2010 rytera z apache carbon rest axt primal x5 sight

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by justin View Post
    lol.... i guess ive never really thought too much about it. i do loins and the minions and then do the roasts. everything else goes for stew meat or gets ground up.
    To show you how little I know, I know what back strap and tenderloins are that is it. What are minions? Do you make any jerky? My kid wants to turn a whole deer into jerky but I don't think that is possible. LOLThis could be the topic of a new thread even.
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MLN1963 View Post
    My kid wants to turn a whole deer into jerky but I don't think that is possible. LOLThis could be the topic of a new thread even.
    oh ya you can jerky that whole darn deer,its alot of cuting and prep but yum yum yum jerky.that was my plan to jerky the whole thing

Post Thanks / Like

Mans got a point! If its meat its jerky!
    2010 rytera x. apache rest, truglo 5pin. 8in shockbocker 1000 stabilizer. norway g2 string tamer Huch-n-Son strings

Post Thanks / Like

When I process my deer I have three tubs. 1 for Ground venison, 1 for steaks and roast and another one for jerky. I'm not that great at cooking roasts as I end up over cooking it so I usually end up cutting the roast up later in to 1x1 inch cubes for stews. I like to butterfly the back straps and tenderloins. I'm really meticulous with getting rid of the Silvers, fats and blood. I think it helps with the taste for sure. We are clean freaks and always have some half and half water and bleach at the ready so we don't cross contaminate equipment. We always double wrap our meats...they last longer in the freezer. We use cellophane then wrap with freezer paper. We will be making Jerky and Sausage in about a week or two.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats to you all! It is great to read all your posts. I can almost feel the elevated enthusiasm as you speak of the harvest/processing. What a wonderful sport! I hope to join in soon. Opening day is this Saturday.

cj
    Chasman, 2010 Martin Bengal 60#,Parker Phoenix 60#, Parker Hornet 70#. Hutch-n-Son strings.'Makes a lot of sense if you don't think about it!

Post Thanks / Like

Well i tagged my 3rd management deer last thursday. And even though im 4 for 4 with my shockwaves, im going to try some muzzy 4 blades. Hope to get back out hunting soon but i have some trips coming up.