Thread: 3 broken limb sets in less than a year on my warthog!

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default 3 broken limb sets in less than a year on my warthog!

ok guys, i just got my bow back from getting new strings and a tune. thing shoots great! had my first robin hood ever, at 30 yards and then 3 shots later upon drawing the bow back, the cable came off its path and got pinched! i looked the bow over and the limb broke at the base of the fork. i just paid a ton of money for these strings and the tune! to top it all off, this is the 3rd set of limbs broken in less than a year! i had a theory something was wrong with the bow itself scince it is severely inneficient. is there anything i can do in my situation? oh its a 2010 martin warthog

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

3 sets of limbs is terrible, sounds like a real lemon unfortunately. There isn't much you can do except for doing another warranty job. What limbs are on the broken bow now?

Post Thanks / Like

they are 5LP martin limbs. the original limbs were 60# but i had the replacement limbs 70# and this was the second set of 70# limbs.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I would do a warranty claim and ask for another bow, no way you want to be going through it again. If they won't, after its fixed sell it and buy something else.

You could call Martin directly and see what they can do, 3 is just too many.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Destroyer View Post
    If they won't, after its fixed sell it and buy something else.
    That is horrible. Then some unsuspecting sap will buy it and have nothing but troubles too. They will eventually end up here or AT and scream bloody murder about their bow only to be told how great Martin is and everything will be fine. Except it won't be fine for that person or RDMCW. This is a no win situation for RDMCW if Martin doesn't fix his bow correctly.
    Firecat 400

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MLN1963 View Post
    That is horrible.
    That's life. Besides once fixed it might not be a problem for the new owner, I was thinking more about the confidence of the current owner. Any bow you sell could fail after selling, there is no 100% guarantee.
    Last edited by Destroyer; 09-11-2011 at 05:20 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Local shop is going to send the limbs in.. said they won't even be able to get me overnight shipping which is going to make me miss my opening archery season by 3 weeks! I'm loosing faith in my bow and in Martin

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rdmwc View Post
    I'm loosing faith in my bow and in Martin
    Don't blame you, it makes it difficult to trust a bow and you need trust when out hunting. Keep on top of the dealer, they should be able to do it in three weeks. Who can't do 'overnight' shipping? Martin or the dealer?