Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recommend a bow for my wife !!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    Sorry, but I'm going to have to differ with you on this. 29 1/2" a2a, 6 1/2" brace, and highly reflexed riser is not a good choice for a target bow.
    Ya i didnt catch the target part,in that case any mini genesis bow would work fine...............

Post Thanks / Like

Default Leopard

Hutch have you looked at the leopard.My wife is quite happy with hers(it's an '09).

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, I'm going to be the bad guy here. My wife started shooting last year with a 30-60 pound Diamond Razor Edge and thinkg went well at 38 pounds for her. She tweaked a neck muscle and had a very hard time shooting it so she put it away. I bought her a custom Oneida Hawk and it's a night & day difference for her. I think it is a combination of things that make this bow work for her. 1. a longer riser for more control, 2. way smoother draw, 3. holding less weight at full draw with 80% let off, 4. longer overall length, 5. she likes it, she looked at the Diamond as a kids bow so the Oneida gave her the mindset of a "big boy bow".
    She is currently at 42 pounds and shooting better than ever. The Oneida makes an excellent target bow for the above reasons. The older ones are a little heavier than the newer models, and a little noisy at the shot but I've never seen a target jump the string . Hopefully she will be at 50 pounds by next spring, not necessary but I do hope she gets there. So, long story short. Don't overlook the Oneida's, they can be picked up real reasonable on several forums and ebay.
    I'm a Lefty

2011 Martin Ridge Hunter
    2012 Rytera Alien Z
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Martin pro x?

'14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HawgEnvy View Post
    Looks nice! I am going to research all of them and then make a decision on the best one. With how much money is going into the shop. I might have to save a few more dollars.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Hutch,
    Septertman on AT has this bow for sale..http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showth...post1061880088
    It's what Barry was talking about.
    Scott has differant cams for it and will set it like you want, but I would just let him set it up like he thinks it should be for your wife.
    He is a great guy to deal with too.
    Don.
    I am sponsered by Louie Rangle-- Gator Feathers by Gator vanes...www.gatorvanes.com Deer Crossing Target shafts. Specialty Archery Timberdoodle ll rest. Bow String Depot Cables and String.
    I Shoot a 2012-SepterV and a 2011-Shadowcat
    I shoot Bowhunter, not barebow--fingers non-sights.
    Enter-ZESTY at checkout at Deer Crossing Archery- http://deercrossingarchery.com/
    For a 10% discount on all products, other than ECO Hunter shafts.