Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hammerhead strings

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hammerhead strings

Has anyone else noticed that the new Hammerhead strings seem to "fuzz" quite a bit more than other strings? I thought that maybe it was all in my mind until yesterday. Waxed my strings 3 days ago, grabbed the bow to shoot last night, and saw the "fuzz" already coming back on the shooting string. Nothing really bad like strands breaking or anything, just a "peach fuzz". It also seems to show up the worst around my peep sight. It's happened with all the string waxes I've tried, and on all 3 bows that have the Hammerheads as well. My older bows with the Stone Mt. strings look just fine. I've used Bohnings Xcellerator, Slick T-T, and now Winners Choice Ultimate, and still am getting the fuzz. Thanks guys!
    2008 Moab 70# The deer killing bow
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous B
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Post Thanks / Like

So far so good on my Alien Z, but then I have only waxed them about 4 times in 1 1/2 years.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ehunter View Post
    Has anyone else noticed that the new Hammerhead strings seem to "fuzz" quite a bit more than other strings? I thought that maybe it was all in my mind until yesterday. Waxed my strings 3 days ago, grabbed the bow to shoot last night, and saw the "fuzz" already coming back on the shooting string. Nothing really bad like strands breaking or anything, just a "peach fuzz". It also seems to show up the worst around my peep sight. It's happened with all the string waxes I've tried, and on all 3 bows that have the Hammerheads as well. My older bows with the Stone Mt. strings look just fine. I've used Bohnings Xcellerator, Slick T-T, and now Winners Choice Ultimate, and still am getting the fuzz. Thanks guys!
    I have the exact same problem. I thought maybe it is the new "trophy" material? I asked Hutch if he was getting this with the strings he builds and he said no. So I have no clue?
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

Question Curiousity is piqued...

Just what is the base string material that is used for Hammerhead Strings is it a BCY or Brownell? Which material do they actually use?

Smarten Up and Martin Up
    Martin Black Panther - Martin Cougar III Magnum
    Rytera Scepter V - Martin Diablo - 2 @ Rytera Seeker

"I will make My arrows drunk with blood... Deuteronomy 32:42a (HCSB)
    I am an Alien, I am in this world but I am not of this world, have mercy. Tell the Truth and shame the Devil.
    http://theprayeroftheday.com

Post Thanks / Like

They advertise BCY Trophy on the Martin website.

http://www.martinarchery.com/2011/features.php
    Firecat 400

Senior Member Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Guys, it could be the colors of the strings. I noticed flo green and flo orange and flo pink are different in texture and have less wax on them. The other colors aren't the same. I have been working with a lot of flo colors lately and they are dyed differently as far as I can see. Not exactly sure of what you guys are running into but I haven't run in to it yet. Post a pic and let me see it. May be I can talk to BCY and find out for you.
    One last thing the process of building a string makes a difference. Hammerhead might build differently then I.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm getting the same thing on my string, and they are not factory strings. I bought this X with a set of new cables and strings, the guy that built them isn't that good. Flo green and black, fuzzy wuzzy wuz a bear. I have flo green/yellow on my Bullet and no issues with fuzzzz. I bought those from Extreme strings, befor I found this forum. I think it was the 452X as well.

The new set: string stop hitting at very bottom of serving, and is loose. Cable servings are NOT even riding on the cable rollers, say what?? Junk.

Post Thanks / Like

"The new set: string stop hitting at very bottom of serving, and is loose. Cable servings are NOT even riding on the cable rollers, say what?? Junk."

Are you sure they were installed correctly. They can be put on wrong which will put the serving in the wrong location.

Senior Member Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spiker View Post
    "The new set: string stop hitting at very bottom of serving, and is loose. Cable servings are NOT even riding on the cable rollers, say what?? Junk."

Are you sure they were installed correctly. They can be put on wrong which will put the serving in the wrong location.
    X2

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ehunter View Post
    It also seems to show up the worst around my peep sight
    Strings hitting something (including cables) can cause fuzz. I wonder if its 'stress' related too, some of my strings get fuzz on the rear side.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    Cable servings are NOT even riding on the cable rollers, say what?? Junk.
    CCS?