Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hammerhead strings

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

That is possible. But a lot of hammerhead strings still have peep rotation. So it is puzzling. I talked with some of the best string makers out there and they don't have that problem. I so far have not had that problem. So it looks like it is in H&H's process.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Since all the new bows have Hammerhead Strings, and all new bows had the TRG...this has me wondering if it's not really a problem of the TRG eating up strings, but rather a problem of crappy string construction not holding up to the extra friction of the TRG. Anyone tried aftermarket strings with the TRG sytem?
    2008 Moab 70# The deer killing bow
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous B
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think aftermarket strings will standup much better to the TRG. My strings became flat from sliding on the TRG, there is just too much friction on one side of the string. One thing the TRG does is inhibit the string from working as it should by putting too much pressure on just one side of the string. My replacement strings also showed up with no loop serving = cost controls or oversight. I believe that when you replace the TRG the bow specs. are now off as the cams are not loaded the same as they were with the TRG. To really have a proper set of strings made for the TRG replaced with the carbon rod and slide new measurements need to be made as the dynamics of the bow are altered.

Your bowstring is the most complicated piece of machinery on your bow. Hutch what say ye?
    How many twists are too many to try to tune the cams? ONZA 3 still in the upgrade stage. The advantages of the roller guard design is that it allows your bowstring to _work_ as it should, much like wire rope running over the sheaves of a crane. My Diamond Iceman shows very little string wear after 1 year and thousands of shots.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bob cooly View Post
    I don't think aftermarket strings will standup much better to the TRG. My strings became flat from sliding on the TRG, there is just too much friction on one side of the string. One thing the TRG does is inhibit the string from working as it should by putting too much pressure on just one side of the string. My replacement strings also showed up with no loop serving = cost controls or oversight. I believe that when you replace the TRG the bow specs. are now off as the cams are not loaded the same as they were with the TRG. To really have a proper set of strings made for the TRG replaced with the carbon rod and slide new measurements need to be made as the dynamics of the bow are altered. Your bowstring is the most complicated piece of machinery on your bow. Hutch what say ye?
    How many twists are too many to try to tune the cams? ONZA 3 still in the upgrade stage. The advantages of the roller guard design is that it allows your bowstring to _work_ as it should, much like wire rope running over the sheaves of a crane. My Diamond Iceman shows very little string wear after 1 year and thousands of shots.
    Here is a link to a thread that covers this very topic. Switching from the TRG to a standard rod/slide will have very minimal effect on cam timing and rotation.
    http://martinarchery.com/mtechforum/...Shorter-Cables

Advantage Custom Strings

Post Thanks / Like

less fuzzing is supposed to be 1 of the trophy materials advantage over some of the other string material. i switched from 452x to trophy for that reason and all the the strings that i've made are holding up very well , a heck of a lot better than 8125 & 452x. i have an onza 3 with a hammerhead string on it, i haven't noticed any more fuzzing on it than on my other bows. except where the cables run thru the trg, and it isn't to bad. i wax it
    real heavy at the trg. i really like the trophy material .
    curtis

2010 nemesis camo, 2011 nemesis carbon fiber,
    2010 onza 3 camo,

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

It is a possibility that they substituted 452x instead of Trophy. That would make sense why all the fuzzing.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

My fuzzing happens on the back side of the string first, could be all stress related. The thing is it happens to all my strings regardless of the material type.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch~n~Son Archery View Post
    It is a possibility that they substituted 452x instead of Trophy. That would make sense why all the fuzzing.

Hutch
    That could be Hutch. Wouldn't be the first time they changed something and didn't update the website or other forms of advertising.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver