Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Exile Grip

Post Thanks / Like

Default Exile Grip

Does anybody have information on a grip for 2011 Exile? I got mine from Academy sports and it came with the rear portion of the fake leather wrap and the thin, fake carbon, stick on pieces that fit in the grooves. They look cool enough but after about 2 or 3 shots the heat from my hand causes the adhesive to give out. The wrap starts to bunch up and it pulls the plastic strip out. I see grips in the catalog but none look like they will fit the exile. HELP, its already bow season here in GA and it was 93 degrees this past weekend in my stand.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a warranty claim but that might take some time. I would take the entire grip off and just re-glue the side plates on by themselves but that is my tastes, you might not like the bare metal.

Welcome to the forum btw.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default exile grip

i have a 2011 exile as well with the same problem. the fake carbon fiber part of the grip on the right side completely peeld up. when i bought the bow i could tell it was on good to begin with. after looking at other martin bows, most of them do not have nice grips on them. i looked at some matthews wooden grip but you really cannot put an after market grip on our bow unless it bolts on around it. i think i am going to get some kind of spongy rubber wrap that has one side that is adhesive and wrap it around the entire grip. it will also thicken the grip. martins grips are to thin in my opinion. as for that, i myself really dont know what to do, im open to ideas as well, i would like another grip if there are any out there

Post Thanks / Like

sfc, welcome to the forum! Have you thought about using the tentacle bow wrap from Simms (Limbsaver)? Just wraps around the grip and insulates the hand, and it would also thicken the grip area a bit. I know several guys that use them and love them.
    Last edited by Ehunter; 09-14-2011 at 02:22 PM.
    2008 Moab 70# The deer killing bow
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous B
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Post Thanks / Like

Just wrap some duck tape around it or similiar should do the job....Thats why i like wood side plates but seems like the newer martins are straying away fron that design.

Post Thanks / Like

i had the same problem with my exile
    "If Darwin saw the same sunrise and sunset, that I see from a duck marsh, or my tree stand; then he would know there is a God, and that He created all of it." -Ford-

Post Thanks / Like

I called Martin today and talked to Brandon. He was real helpful and told me that there have been quite a few with the grip issue. He suggested using krazy glue and using that for the leather. He also said to use krazy glue on the fake carbon fiber strips and glue them to the leather and the small bit of riser they touch. He offered warranty work but said that is what they are going to do and he is sending me out 2 of the saddleback grips, in case it happens again. He also said for 2012 there will be a replacement grip that will fit 2011 exile and others with the small grips.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sfcjferg View Post
    He also said for 2012 there will be a replacement grip that will fit 2011 exile and others with the small grips.
    Hmmm.... so a new grip for 2012?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Grip

Where can I purchase the tentacle grip

Post Thanks / Like

dz, some bow shops carry them, or you can get them from Cabelas, Bass Pro, etc.
    2008 Moab 70# The deer killing bow
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous B
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.