Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it normal practice to use face camo while bowhunting deer from the ground ?

Post Thanks / Like

Ive personally not had problems with deer seeing my face from the ground. Im im quiet and the winds right, and i dont move, they are oblivious. Even when i bleat, while at full draw, at less than 30 yards, they are pretty much oblivious. I must look like the underbrush!
    2010 rytera x. apache rest, truglo 5pin. 8in shockbocker 1000 stabilizer. norway g2 string tamer Huch-n-Son strings
    2010 rytera z apache carbon rest axt primal x5 sight

Post Thanks / Like

I have gone both ways. Usually I start off with a mask and shed it as the day warms up. The deer do not seem to care either way, of course their still out there running on the mountain.(LOL) As far as that goes I have stalked up on deer without any camo on at all (not in season however). I feel more comfortable without my face mask and for me thats reason enough to go without. For me the only animals that really seem to notice are turkeys. They bust me when I forget my mask just about every time.

Post Thanks / Like

I wear a beard during hunting seasons, hat, and a face mask, at times, staying in shadows, keeping a brush screen between you and the game helps, but mostly, move slowly. I aslo never make eye contact.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Had two does walk within 10 yds. by me last week, it was great. They are very slow and cautious animals.
    Couldn't take them, it was bucks only.
    Thanks everyone.