Thread: peeps on my exile

Hybrid View

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default peeps on my exile

i am new to bow hunting. I have had my exile about a month now. I bought it at cabelas in north idaho. This is going to seem silly but since im new im going to ask it , because it was never explained to me when i got my bow set up. Are you actually supposed to look throught the peep sight when aiming. the whole month i have been shooting i have not been looking through it. it is level with my eye maybe a lil high. my bow shoots straight and i have sighted it in to shoot fairly well withought using the peep. but after i get a lil tired i will start shooting bad groupings and it is kind of hard to just hold your bow there forever and aim to hit a bullseye even if it is just the the 20 yd pin. also i got my bow with the peep it came with in the package from martin. is it crappy or good enough. i hate to dump anymore money in my bow with the season starting saturday

Post Thanks / Like

I will advise u to use it , it will make u more consistent,my first bow did no have one and in a goal for more accuracy , i put one on , my group tightened up so much i wont shoot 2 arrows at the same spot anymore,wrecks too many arrows, lol,it is designed to aline the draw string with the center of the sight, to set the height close ur eyes draw the bow , and open at draw, peep should give full vision of the site, so basically when centered u r only seeing the pins , try it it werks good luc!

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

use it! get to a pro shop and have it adjusted and tied in. for consistency in aiming,especially for a beginner,its needed. most experienced archers/hunters use them. its like using the rear sight on a rifle. i suggest a kisser button as well and a good release aid. you'll love your accuracy when used together
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, what a difference it made, the sky really is the limit thx for all your help guys