Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Arrow Spine Consistency, Tuning for Tighter Groups.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks for the input Sonny.

If all arrows are fletched in exactly the same spot for a dozen arrows, you will get respectable groups and arrow flight. What I am trying to inform readers is that fine tuning for best arrow flight and groupings as well. Like I mentioned arrow with particular spines do seem to enjoy a sweet spot when it comes to a particular draw weight, with carbon arrow have a .30-40 spread, I find it best to also adjust the bows draw weight till I get the best and consistent arrow group.

I have heard some great things about Harvest, unfortunately in our neck of the woods they have not caught on, but if I happen to see some in the pro shop, I am more than willing to pick up a dozen and give me a try and perhaps write a review with photos on Harvest Arrow performance. I will be writing a review on Dark Horse Arrows once by buddy lends me a dozen of his. Dark Horse Arrows are made in Canada, I think on Vancouver Island and are said to closely resemble CX s. But until I get my hands on some, I won't know.

What I am going to be ordering are Easton's Max Carbons 2712, a tree trunk for line cutting in 3D. Looking forward to getting my hands on those and writing a review.

Again thanks Sonny for the comments, greatly appreciated.

Barry
    1982 Martin Cougar Magnum
    Bohning Archery Bohning Pro Field Staff. T.R.U. Ball Staff Shooter. Hamskea Archery Solutions Staff Shooter.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Last edited by Destroyer; 10-01-2011 at 09:55 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks for the comment Destroyer

Quote Originally Posted by Destroyer View Post
    I'm thinking if it was that important manufactures would put a line on the arrow and say 'put vane here' or something similar. What is the actual difference in between the seam and the rest of the shaft? I'm betting its next to nothing in real world terms.
    You know in a perfect world with all things equal, in that if one were to fletch and align their vanes on the same area of each shaft it would most likely be okay for stump shooters and plinkers. But for hunting, especially BroadHeads and FITA and 3D tournament, finding the sweet spot for the arrow is a tried and true approach many top archers use to get that last extra point or increase their chances at getting that game animal. Much like fine tuning a stock automobile from the dealership, while both vehicles will get to from point A to B, a fine tuned car will get you there faster and corner better. Arrows finely tuned will allow the bow to make the best use of it's shooting properties and guide the arrow more efficiently and accurately.
    Bohning Archery Bohning Pro Field Staff. T.R.U. Ball Staff Shooter. Hamskea Archery Solutions Staff Shooter.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey Sonny

Quote Originally Posted by SonnyThomas View Post
    Yes, but nock tuning has been around for quite some time. I would consider this more of a refresher course taken a step farther.

I would have chosen another arrow. Victory X Ringer HVs perhaps. Or even Victory X Killers. I sold my X Killers before I even tried them - guy just had to have them and paid the price. I set them for him, nothing fancy. One hour later, with very little sighting in, he nailed a indoor 299/300 with 48 Xs. Hate to compete against him when he fine sets his sights.
    I have X Killers, I am known to have more arrows than god! I buy em, try em, review em. X-Killers are nice, I just like trying other arrows on the market as part of my review.