Thread: F modules?

Post Thanks / Like

Default F modules?

Hello,

I just picked up a leftover bone hunter(cheetah)with M2 cam, from dicks sporting goods last night. When I was looking at the bow the sticker listed draw length as MP. I took that to mean that the draw length was adjustable.I didn't realize until I got it home that the draw was only 25". Also didn't realize that I was going to need to replace the module to change the draw. Whats the chances of dicks having the modules? I am going to take it back this afternoon when the guy who actually works on bows is there. I guess it's my own fault for not researching it more before I made the purchase. Any reason why the bows don't come with the modules if they are needed to change the draw length? I was also looking at a Bear bow that didn't need anything to change the length just move a screw to a different hole.

Post Thanks / Like

Was this a used bow or left over stock? The last year that the M2 cam was on the cheetah i believe was 09. If I'm not mistaken it should have an entire set of modules with it if its a left over new bow. And also I think it should come with it set at 29 inches when it came from Martin. If it was pre owned then I wouldn't expect dicks to be able to help you out with the Modules, You'll have to probably order them from Martin or maybe find some online somewhere. Good luck.
    2011 Exile/01 Panther
    Rage/Muzzy
    TruGlo
    Easton Arrows
    Blazer Vanes

Post Thanks / Like

im not sure but i think dicks does not sale used bows.could be the draw was changed so someone could test shoot it and i would be that is the case with your bow.as for the mods,yes a new martin will come with a full set of mods but seeeing you bought it at dicks they might have misplaced them.if they cant find them tell em to get them from martin and dont take no for an answer.and yes the M2 was last put out in 2009.

what draw are you trying to get?take this as you will but after you get your new mod i would go to a real archery shop and have them set it up for you...unless you want to try to do it your self with the help of us folks on the forum.if you trust the guys at dicks and i recomend asking as many questions about the guy who will be working on your bow at dicks.

i have read about bows comeing out of dicks worse off then when they went in

Post Thanks / Like

wick is right about one thing. All Martin bows are shipped with a complete set of modules (f1-f7). They should have been included with your purchase. What some dealers do is provide the customer with the one they need and sell the rest. When you go back ask for them. They are yours. If you have allen wrenches they are not all that hard to change. Remove two setscrews, swap out the module, and replace the screws.

The MP means the bow has an M-Pro cam which is Martin's single cam.

Just read Gravedigger's post and he's spelled things out pretty well. Especially about us being willing to help.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the help and info. I was thinking it should have come with the different modules. It is a new bow that was a leftover. It was reduced in price and I had a $50 off coupon so I couldn't pass it up. I was originally going there to look at the rack attack model they have for $399 but all they had left was a left hand model. Anyways I just got back from dicks. They measured me for my draw length and changed the module for free(which tells me they got the modules for free). the guy even tuned it up a little and cut down my arrows. So now I should be good to go. I'll get a chance tomorrow to get it out and strat sighting it in.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    What some dealers do is provide the customer with the one they need and sell the rest.
    Unfortunately. Some dealers are just a**holes!