Thread: NFAS Nationals

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default NFAS Nationals

Photo's to follow as soon as the link is up.

I shot the NFAS National Championships this weekend. Animal faces (Delta and Martin mostly). We score differently and rather than go into details, I'll just say that a spot is worth 24 points and is only scored on the first arrow. The Nats are a two day shoot and so this was my 3rd and 4th time out after a two years, work enforced break from archery, so I'm pretty happy with my results.

All distances are unmarked and the closest shot over the two days was 8 yards, with the longest around 55 yards.

Classes UL= Unlimited (release aid and unlimited sights / stabs) CL= Compound Limited (finger release, 5 pin sight) and BH = Bowhunter (finger release, no sights) are all compounds, the rest of the classes are recurve (inc Xbow).

Around 430 entries this year, with entries for this champ going down year on year where the entries for the National 3D Championship are going up!

Oh and it's worth noting that the results were posted on line BEFORE I got home, and I only live 1 1/4 hours drive from the shoot!

AFB = American Flat Bow (longbow), BB = Barebow, HT = Hunting Tackle (wooden arrows only). FS = Freestyle (bells and whistles recurve FITA style), LB = Long Bow (English Long Bow), PV = Primitive ( like it says) and XB = Crossbow.

Apart from Xbow and Freestyle, all the other classes do not allow sights and all the recurve classes are finger release.

Results:http://nfas.net/downloads/champs/201...alsResults.pdf
    Dedicated Finger Shooter.

Shadowcat(s) with Barnsdale limbs: Davis The System, Free Flyte rest.

Post Thanks / Like

Good shooting there Niel, congrats.
    No pics?
    Don.
    I am sponsered by Louie Rangle-- Gator Feathers by Gator vanes...www.gatorvanes.com Deer Crossing Target shafts. Specialty Archery Timberdoodle ll rest. Bow String Depot Cables and String.
    I Shoot a 2012-SepterV and a 2011-Shadowcat
    I shoot Bowhunter, not barebow--fingers non-sights.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Last edited by Destroyer; 10-01-2011 at 10:33 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't take a camera, as I had other things I had to concentrate on!

We have a sort of official photographer, so as soon as the photo's get posted on the NFAS website, I'll post the link.

Back to work this morning, and I must confess I'm a little weary, but it was a great weekend.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Last edited by Destroyer; 10-01-2011 at 10:39 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Destroyer View Post
    Look forward to seeing that link. Didn't win anything for your efforts? Sounds like you shot really well.
    No, we only have trophies to 3rd place.

I shot OK, all things considered, but I dropped at least 30 points per day in comparison to when I was last competing on a regular basis.

Still, it gives me a measure of where I am, and where I need to be, and the next big shoot is not until Easter 2012, so plenty of time to pick up form.