Thread: HHA sights

Post Thanks / Like

Default HHA sights

I picked up a barely used (not even sure it was ever mounted on a bow) HHA model OL-5019 sight from Cabelas Bargain Cave over the weekend. I figured for $69 I couldn't really go wrong. For all the guys that have said they love HHA sights, I now have to agree. I've never used one before, or any moving pin sight at all. Took it out this afternoon to shoot and sight in. Within 10 minutes, I had the thing set up and shooting perfectly. I did notice I had quite a bit of space left on the sight, so I added blank tape to the top. I started walking back and shooting longer distances. With my FC400, I have it marked out to 90 yards. That's just damn sweet. One sight that goes from 20-90 yards, and not a bunch of pins to get in the way. My only complaint is, the fiber optic is almost too bright, and I'm getting a bit of a halo. Figured I'd try some matte finish Scotch tape over the fiber wrap, and that should tame it down just a bit. All in all, a VERY good sight, and I was happy that I found it so cheap. lol
    2008 Moab 70# The deer killing bow
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous B
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Post Thanks / Like

yeah i love the brightness with mine. Used a cobra 4 pin with red yellow and green, couldnt see the red at all so the single green is great
    2010 Rytera Nemesis. 63lbs/29dl 292 fps 384gr arrow. Sword 6 pin sight

Post Thanks / Like

That's darned good price. Just what I paid for mine off EBay. So now you are an HHA convert. Good for you. FYI, some matte tape isn't going to tone down the fiber very much. I just wrapped mine totally with electrical tape. For target and 3D it's just fine. For hunting I'd remove about half the tape.

Funny you should mention being able to get about 90 yards. I'm finding the same thing with mine mounted on my Alien Z, 47# and 27" draw.

I have a friend that's a machinist and owes me a big favor. I think I'm going to have him machine an adjustable cover for mine; similar to the 5519.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Just use a piece of electrical tape . That way if you have to you can change it,add or remove . I'm going to have to get one!!!
    '08 Firecat a righty
    '06 Slayer a lefty
    "97 High Country Protec

Post Thanks / Like

Just got another 5019 for $66 including shipping off Ebay. Now I have one on both my 70# bows. REALLY starting to love these sights! lol
    2008 Moab 70# The deer killing bow
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous B
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Post Thanks / Like

Forget the electrical tape, go to a fabric shop and get some black elastic, wide enough to cover your fiber. Once home wrap the elastic around the pin housing snugly, pin it and remove. Now sew it togather, (if necessary, get help from the wife ) leaving a small pull tab. Now you'll be able to adjust the brightness of all that fiber.
    Nice sights, are'nt they! As you can see, I really like 'em!
    Last edited by elkslayer4x5; 11-12-2011 at 06:16 AM.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade