Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bengal series 2500 with Sonic Wheels

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bengal series 2500 with Sonic Wheels

Hi, guys.
    I am a newbie at archery. Just target shooting with my two grown sons. I picked up this used set up and took it to Fin, Feather, Fur to have the draw length shortened. They were very helpful but said that I need to replace something to adjust the draw. The one wheel has a "7" on it. Reading through some of the other posts, I have learned enough to get myself into trouble. The draw now is about 30" and I would like it to be about 28". What number wheels do I need and can I still get them? Can I change them myself? What year is this bow?martin bow 001 (800x599) (800x599).jpgmartin bow 002 (800x599).jpgmartin bow 006 (599x800).jpg

Thanks for any info you can pass my way. Sorry about not including all that technical stuff, but I don't know what any of it means.

Post Thanks / Like

Spiker on here whould be able to help. He's done it before with another poster.

The module you have to change has two screws holding it to the cam. You remove them and the mod will just about fall out. You really need to physically measure the draw length to determine just what it is. Draw mods are numbered and one number less means 1" less. So if you want to decrease the draw length by 2" then you need #5 modules.

Before you go loking for mods you need to know just which ones you need. There were Sonic wheels and Ultrasonic wheels and they use different modules. Spiker should be able to tell you which are which. As to where to buy them? Classified ads on www.archerytalk.com or EBay.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

String builder/ Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

As far as I can tell it looks just like my Saber and that as far as I know is between 1994-96. I has the same cams, camo, steel teardrop cables. Everything is the same except mine is a saber.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

i know nothing about this bow besides it is the same one i learned to shoot on last year.you have a nice shooter.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info so far. How do I get in touch with Spiker? or will he stumble upon this post and reply?

Post Thanks / Like

Spiker is probably off hunting, think that he lives in Colorado, and its Elk season. I'd suggest sending him a pm and include a link to this post to be sure that he stumbles upon it.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://cascadianbowmen.com/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

PM sent.
    P.S. - You really should get rid of that metal d-loop thing. It will end up causing disaster and that is a nice old bow.

Post Thanks / Like

The metal D loop thing is my release attachment -- but I'm sure you know that. Should I relplace it with a string loop? If so, why?

Since the printing on the bow says "sonic wheel" and not "super sonic wheel" do I have to look for any particular type of "sonic wheel" with a 4 or 5 to shorten the draw length?martin bow 011 (800x599).jpg

Also, can I cut down carbon arrows myself or do I need the shop to do that? All I have are standard homeowner/handyman tools.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pkguy View Post
    The metal D loop thing is my release attachment -- but I'm sure you know that. Should I relplace it with a string loop? If so, why?

Since the printing on the bow says "sonic wheel" and not "super sonic wheel" do I have to look for any particular type of "sonic wheel" with a 4 or 5 to shorten the draw length?martin bow 011 (800x599).jpg

Also, can I cut down carbon arrows myself or do I need the shop to do that? All I have are standard homeowner/handyman tools.
    i would advise you to search the forums for your answers on cutting and why you NEED to replace with a reg dloop.

Post Thanks / Like

I will do my homework.