Thread: Need someone to take your bow for a walk?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Need someone to take your bow for a walk?

See, there are people who are dog walkers and since all I seem to be doing with my bow is walking, may as well become a professional bow walker. "Hey, can you let my bow hang from a tree for a while, it really enjoys the smell of fresh wood."

So, I went hunting, and nothing to speak of. I saw over 50 does, but not a single buck. The weather wasn't favouring me either, so I ended up with an uncut tag.

Having said that, I still had fun. I managed to get to less than 10 yards to a group of does and about 40 to a cow mouse and her two calves. Saw a 6 X6 elk (pretty damn far) and I caught my quota in fish every day.

So, need to take your bow out, but don't have time, send it to me, and I will give a great experience.

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Stéphane, I think you are spending too much time with your bow. So I will take you bow while you get counseling! Ha! Ha! sorry couldn't resist. Sounds like you are having a great time I am jealous.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL! Stéphane, you so crazy...

Pity you didn't fill your tag but like Hutch I'm jealous too anyway. What happened with the 6 X6 elk? Could close the gap?

Post Thanks / Like

The 6X6 was over 800 yards. I spotted it because of the herd of cows ahead of him. Elk were not in season anyway, only archery mule deer and white tailed. Another issue was that the Natives were given a permit to riffle hunt during the same time as bow only. By the time we got there, they already had 13 bucks. Needless to say the deer felt the pressure and went nocturnal.
    I don't blame them for my lack of success. I only wish I would have known ahead of time so I could have scouted a different area.

At the end of the month, I'll go grouse hunting and I'll bring a couple of "Grim Reapers" just in case a deer walks in front of me. Less than 20 minutes from my house, there's a mountain with blacktailed deer. According to the seasoned hunters, by the end of October the bucks come out. Nice to know where I'll be spending my Friday nights after work. Damn, when am I supposed to drink beer then?

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Stéphane;70098]The 6X6 was over 800 yards. I spotted it because of the herd of cows ahead of him. Elk were not in season anyway, only archery mule deer and white tailed. Another issue was that the Natives were given a permit to riffle hunt during the same time as bow only. By the time we got there, they already had 13 bucks. Needless to say the deer felt the pressure and went nocturnal.
    I don't blame them for my lack of success. I only wish I would have known ahead of time so I could have scouted a different area.

At the end of the month, I'll go grouse hunting and I'll bring a couple of "Grim Reapers" just in case a deer walks in front of me. Less than 20 minutes from my house, there's a mountain with blacktailed deer. According to the seasoned hunters, by the end of October the bucks come out. Nice to know where I'll be spending my Friday nights after work. Damn, when am I supposed to drink beer then?[/QUOTE]

Shortly after you're done high fiving and chest bumping after your Blacktail kill!
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Omg elkslayer. Thats really funny!
    2010 rytera x. apache rest, truglo 5pin. 8in shockbocker 1000 stabilizer. norway g2 string tamer Huch-n-Son strings
    2010 rytera z apache carbon rest axt primal x5 sight

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Last edited by Destroyer; 10-01-2011 at 10:31 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Now that blacktail deer have been brought up, let me tell you about a deer scull that my Grandson-in law found a few years ago. He was'nt very impressed by it, but did drag it out of the brush to show us. Elkslayer and I were quite impressed by this non-typical blacktail. It was found about 1000 yards from the appletree where we got these pics.

Here's the scull. That appletree being out in the middle of this 3 mile long valley leds us to think that it was once a homestead, and that thought was confermed when I found that cow bell about 50 yards from the appletree

About 1/2 mile away from the appletree, while scouting out a bedding area, I found this shed. We set our 2nd trail cam nearby.

from that 2nd trail cam, we got pics of this knobhead,

Last edited by elkslayer4x5; 09-22-2011 at 07:23 AM.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

feel free to take my bow on a walk.i have walked it about 50+ miles now and im getting tired.be sure to feed it and bath it...my bow would like to eat some deer and even more so some elk..lmao