Thread: From the field to the Trophy Wall.

Threaded View

Post Thanks / Like

Default From the field to the Trophy Wall.

DO NOT BOIL. Cut and scrape off as much flesh as possible. Place skull in pot with Sal Soda and water. Make sure skull is completely submerged. Bring the solution to a boil and then turn down the heat to a slow SIMMER. After an hour or so check the skull and change the water. Let the skull simmer another 45 minutes to an hour. Then remove skull and rinse thoroughly. Any flesh left on the skull will have turned to jelly. Scrape off remaining flesh and rinse again. I like to cut a rectangle behind the skull large enough to fit a 1x2 piece of wood that will become the anchor to attach to the plaque. It's easier to use Compressed air to blow out the brain and stuff through the 1x2 rectangular hole. I also blow out the gunk down the nostril too with compressed air. make sure you don't cut to deep into the skull while removing the flesh. You could end up with cut marks in the skull.

Degrease the skull by soaking in a good degreaser such as Van Clean, Eliminator, or Super Safety Solvent. Twenty-four to forty-eight hours will usually be long enough on most skulls, although some may take a little longer. At this point wash in Dawn dish soap and rinse.

To me Continued.....
    Last edited by Double S; 09-21-2011 at 04:21 PM.