Thread: Precautions for hunting in the rain

Post Thanks / Like

Default Precautions for hunting in the rain

Is there anything I should do to prep my bow to hunt in the rain? I generally don't like hunting in the rain, but there are good chances for storms this weekend. Thanks for any ideas!
    Tommy T.
    mean people suck!
    '08 Slayer Extreme Supermag Nitrious X c

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

keep your string waxed real good. moisture will cause it to stretch. other than that,just make sure you dry it off when your done. otherwise you'll be back asking how to get rusted fasteners loose. good luck. be sure of your footing on wet treestands and sticks. rainy days are great for putting the stalk on some deer. it covers your noise alot. and dont forget pics of entry/exit wounds
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HawgEnvy View Post
    keep your string waxed real good. moisture will cause it to stretch. other than that,just make sure you dry it off when your done. otherwise you'll be back asking how to get rusted fasteners loose. good luck. be sure of your footing on wet treestands and sticks. rainy days are great for putting the stalk on some deer. it covers your noise alot. and dont forget pics of entry/exit wounds
    X2...I sometimes use my small air compressor to blow dry all hardware, clips, screws, rests, cam assembly and release etc. Blows out trapped water that the towel misses or can't get to.
    Last edited by cjchasman; 09-23-2011 at 04:48 AM. Reason: forgot the release
    Chasman, 2010 Martin Bengal 60#,Parker Phoenix 60#, Parker Hornet 70#. Hutch-n-Son strings.'Makes a lot of sense if you don't think about it!

Post Thanks / Like

Wax. Dry it off well. use an air compressor for hard to reach places. Wet strings may loose me some speed. Thanks to everyone.
    mean people suck!
    '08 Slayer Extreme Supermag Nitrious X c