Thread: Successful morning

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Successful morning

Spent the last couple days trying to get my broad heads to fly with my field points. After a lot of frustration, I finally realized... I am an idiot. I 2 arrows to be sure they were hitting in the same spot. Took the field point off 1 and put a broad head on it. Shot both arrows, and moved the rest accordingly. I got left to right cleared up and then could not get the high and low to clean up. I was hitting 1 - 2 inches low with the broad head. So today I realize, I have read a lot about people nock tuning. So I give it a try. No matter what I did, I could not get rid of that 1 - 2 inch gap. So this is where I realize, I am shooting 2 different arrows. The broad headed arrow is my new Victory VForce with helical fletches. The field tip arrow is my old CX300 with straight fletches. I shoot a couple more shots with the broad head, and it is hitting right where I am aiming, just low and left about a 1/2 inch. I can live with that. I take the broad head off and put the field point on and don't I put the field point in the target, touching the hole I just pulled the broad head out of. I shoot a few more times to be sure I didn't just have dumb luck and kept hitting the same spot.
    Since this is with my new arrows, which I bought to hunt with, I try to nock tune the CX arrow and see if I can make it hit where my Victory's are. I spun that nock all the way around. No luck, still 1 - 2 inches high. I read a thread the other day about shooting cock vane up and down. I try shooting it cock vane down and it ends up touching the shaft of the Victory. So I try again and both shafts are touching (20 yards). I figure with my luck, 3 is the charm and I am going to break something so I quit. I took out 4 new arrows that I had not shot yet, and used the nock tuning to get all 4 of them hitting in the same place as the arrow I used with the broad head. All 5 arrows are now hitting in the same place.
    Last year this would not have been a thought in my mind that I could do this. Thanks to all the members here who have shared info to make this possible. Last year was my first year, and I just moved my sight to the broad head. But now I am pretty excited to know that not only do my filed points and broad heads hit the same spot, but I did it myself.
    2012 Alien X

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet!
    Firecat 400

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

sweet! i rock out with my cock(feather)out
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Destroyer View Post
    Seems like there is a lot of cock(feather) up atm, too many excited hunters lol!
    You can include me in that elite group!
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

I use NAP Quiktune rests, so I'm the differnt one here, cock vane down.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade