Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Factory string and cables to long

Post Thanks / Like

Default Factory string and cables to long

Hello
    I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions about the factory strings and cables on my silencer. I ordered a new set of cables and a string according to the label on the bow. However, when I received the new set they were the right size according to the label on the bow but the factory set was just about 3/4" longer. Now the set I ordered is off. The serving does not completely go around the cams. Does the new string just need to stretch? I afraid of it being out of time. I put marks on the cams where they meet the limbs to make sure but with the new string puts those marks about 1/2" off. Help Please. Thank you.
    2011 Martin Silencer, Apex Bone Collector sight, Apex Quiver, NAP Drop Away Rest, Micro Diameter Carbon arrows.

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome mike_o, According to the website the string 55 1/4" buss is 36 7/8". What does it say on the limb sticker? Pics with the new string on will help as well. 3/4" is a big difference.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

The label says string: 55 1/4 cables: 36 7/8
    The factory string and cable are the ones that are longer. As soon as I get a chance I will press it again and take pics of the label and the strings side by side
    2011 Martin Silencer, Apex Bone Collector sight, Apex Quiver, NAP Drop Away Rest, Micro Diameter Carbon arrows.

Post Thanks / Like

Could it be the string is untwisted that much

Post Thanks / Like

So, then the next step would be to contact Martin themselves to find out what the exact sizes should be?

Post Thanks / Like

I build custom strings. I have seen them stretch quite a bit. But in this case I am not sure. When a string is built it is pre-stretched and measured under a 100lbs of tension. It is possible that the old one is stretched and untwisted. As far as serving's not being long enough, how short are they? This is where your new string on your bow and some pics would help us help you.

Hutch

Post Thanks / Like

The Silencer uses the same string/cable lengths as the FC400. The string should be 55 1/4" and the control cables should be 36 7/8". The end servings on the string should be 14 1/2" long and the cables should be 6" on the payout track and 10" on the mod track. Sounds like Martins string maker got off on their lengths a bit and whoever built your new set didn't get the correct serving specs when they built yours. Contact whoever built your new set and have them build a new string with the correct length end servings.

Advantage Custom Strings

Post Thanks / Like

its about 5/8" on the bottom cam and 1/2" on the top. I will get pics asap

Post Thanks / Like

mike_o the pics will help us get you on the right track. If you don't mind me asking where did you buy the string set.

Hutch

Post Thanks / Like